Christmas Cookie Time!!!!

One of my absolute favorite things to do is make Christmas cookies. We have a women's ministry event tonight at church called a "cooke swap" which is the perfect occassion to make such pretty cookies. What we do is separately bring two batches of cookies; one to eat and one to organize and give out to windows and shut-ins in the church body. So, I turned up some of my favorite Christmas music such as Harry Connick Jr.'s "When My Heart Finds Christmas" and watched as the snow fell!THEN, just as I got my hands dirty.... a phone call. "Caroline, I got in a wreck!" :(

Poor Blake hit a patch of ice and unfortunatly got into a little wreck as I was baking. His car will be in the shop for a while which means we get to ride together for a few weeks! So, naturally my brother-in-law Michael had the brilliant idea of gathering us all up in their mini-van and having a snowed-in slumber party with our little newphes and neice. And we did! We gathered up our necessities including the cookie dough and all the fixin's and headed to their lovely snow covered home across town. Yes, I may have been a Nazi about the cookie dough but these babies were for the party...!!


So what's on the menu? Home made caramel frosted brownies and Momma's Old Fashioned Tea Cakes mmm mmm! 
it all starts with caramel

the recipe i retyped in third grade...doesn't make a lot of sense haha



melt on low heat. don't forget the evaporated milk... how do they make that stuff?




cover hand with bag, pam it, spread out half of dough


put the thinly spreaded half of dough into oven for 8 minutes







MAGIC!

final product with frosting.. mmm the caramel is the perfect consistency

red!


green!


you must decorate and if I had a fireplace...  I would enjoy them in front of it!

Comments

  1. Caroline, I have made the tea cake cookies (from when you posted the recipe on Facebook), and they are delicious! The others look so good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Blake is okay! The cookies are so cute! Ive been itching to make some sort of Christmas-themed cookies lately...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me