The Swap!

So, in case you missed the last post... our church did a cookie swap! I've always heard of these kind of swaps but I've actually never been to one believe it or not. Not only was it a swap of cookies between us gals, we put together cookie bags for some special elder members of our church that may not have the merriest of Christmases. Maybe you could do this for someone this year? Even if you don't have a group to do it for, maybe bring some cookies or a special gift to someone that you know may be lonely or not the most social. One thing that I definitley miss from my old church in Knoxville are the older people!! It may sound funny but gosh, I really loved the older church members! They were always walking up to me giving me kisses on the cheek, they made me special gifts like a hand-sewn laundry hamper, and they would always grab my hand when I talked to them...and wouldn't let go until the conversation eneded! They're just so precious!! Maybe I've missed my calling...any nursing homes hiring?

Back to the cookies...haha...It was such a special night getting to know some of my fellow church ladies while listening to Emily and Ginda pour their hearts out with their devotionals. One women made home made cards that we signed, one woman decorated, we all cooked, and others organized. SO many gifts! Altough my tummy hurt, it was so encouraging to be with a group of women that all love the Lord. We're not perfect... but the cookies were! Here's a glimpse of some special cookies! Maybe they'll inspire you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me