Gift

Gift: something given voluntarily without payment in return, as to show favor toward someone, honor an occasion, or make a gesture of assistance; present. something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without being earned.

It's hard to imagine what life would be like without gifts. Sometimes when I'm wrapping presents I think about all the little things that I've had, kept, or thrown away. One of the first gifts that i remember was a pearl bracelet with a locet attached that my dad gave to me as a little girl. I specifically remember the day that I lost it as well; on the playground in those little pebbles as i slid off the slide!

There are so many people in my life that are gifts! Sometimes gifts come in the form of events, gatherings, or ideas. I'm just overwhelmed with the reminder of grace when I think about how God provides and takes away; all in His plan for us. Sometimes I can't wrap my mind around why He chose to give Himself for me. For the Father's glory first but... to save me? Even just looking under our tree and realizing that none of these little gifts we've wrapped were accomplished by our own efforts; they're all there by the grace of God. Crazy! All I can do is worship Him. Not because He provides, or because He makes me feel like some kind of better person, but because He IS. It makes a world of difference when your faith transforms from being self centered to God centered. Realizing that faith is intimate, not a show, not a step latter to the achieve a certain level. He is my santification. Reason. It's a passion, compassion, lifestyle of communication with the HOLY HOLY HOLY.

"Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." - Revelation 4:8

he's the answer to your questions, problems. One Holy wouldn't suffice. He is HOLY HOLY HOLY.

Comments

  1. Are you willing to share what kind of camera you use? You are a WONDERFUL photographer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me