Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

Little Blue Truck


Almost every day, Jude enjoys the rhythm and rhymes of a particular book about a little blue truck. This truck and a few adorably illustrated farm animals help a mean old dump truck (HOOOONK) learn a valuable lesson about making friends. We all need friends and the right kind; that is for certain. He can finish almost any phrase, make all the animal sounds, and turn each page as we snuggle together. We treasure those moments and hearing his animated "beep, beep, beep!" Since this little dude has such an attachment to the "Little Blue Truck" by Alice Shertle, we decided that it would be the perfect theme for his second birthday party. I tried not to go over-the-top since Jude could care less about all the matchy decorations. I get it. However, just as I thought, he LOVED the blue truck on his cake! I'm so glad his gaze stopped on the cake for two seconds to notice it... he wouldn't quite settle down until that truck was on the floor with him! It now serves as a nice tote for his morning cereal and a constant companion throughout the day.
Little Blue Truck "Little Blue Truck," Little Blue Truck Party Party favors for little blue truck party ideas
I had a couple goals in mind for his second birthday. First, I wanted Jude to have fun and feel celebrated. He's two! He's happy playing on the floor with his trucks and chasing around his buddies... or pitching a big fit trying to communicate, haha! I tried to make sure that I wasn't all stressed and could enjoy Jude. It was his day! Second, I enjoy hosting parties so I love to make everyone feel welcome. Third, I wanted to have fun being creative. I'm very aware of the whole social media and Pinterest craze over birthday parties and I do see how it could easily get out of hand. I had a hard time not guilting myself over the fact that I enjoy creating a fun party for him, gosh! I set a budget and crossed out many unneessary ideas from my list. So, if you're like me and enjoy being crafty, then BE CRAFTY. Do not, however, be crafty at your child's expense. Or you own expense... stay cheap if you can. Enjoy the day. Live in the moment. Jesus is the real treasure, HE gave us Jude for a limited time. Thank you Father.

I didn't expect to have a nasty cold on this particular day, that wasn't fun at all. However, I believe Jude had fun, I enjoyed myself, having everyone over, and I only freaked out once while tackling some green frosting. The frosting tip drowned in the frosting and I admit it, I had a moment. Haha. Who doesn't? I won't let the frosting win next time! 

Since I have the privilege of staying home with Jude and other children, I had time to prepare some crafts and food in advance so I didn't have to stress myself out. Plus, my dear mother and father-in-law came to visit for the exciting weekend and they were able to help in many ways. Grandad even took some pictures for us. THANK YOU! There's also my Blake! They were all so helpful in taping up the banner, helping me organize my thoughts, cutting fruits and veggies, helping decorate some fun cupcakes, making some pigs-in-a-blanket, and enjoying mister Jude.

We put on some Bluegrass Christmas music, hung a few balloons on the mailbox, and we were all set! Thank you to everyone who came and celebrated our sweet Jude and for the many presents! He is a lucky fella to have so many precious friends who care about him, play with him, and love him so well. God's love is all around us. We are so proud of our big 2 year old!  Little Blue truck party cake blue truck cupcakes Beep beep beep
I made this yummy cake recipe with my mom's chocolate frosting recipe to top it off. The road is simply crushed Oreos and some frosting. Thanks to our fine SoFlo Publix who carries cheap sunflowers in December... haha! Blake was so kind to pick them up.
Little Blue truck party cake blue truck cupcakes Beep beep beep

Little Blue truck party cake blue truck cupcakes Beep beep beep farm animal cupcakes sunflowers picnic tablecloth

My sweet mother-in-law helped me create these super easy farm animal cupcakes. She made them recently for her granddaughter's birthday party which helped so much! Grab some Junior Mints (the couple that you resisted eating), frosting, marshmallows, jelly beans, candy eyes, candy corn, and dark chocolate on a tooth pick to put these together! Simple!Little Blue truck party cake blue truck cupcakes Beep beep beep farm animal cupcakes sunflowers picnic tablecloth
Little Blue truck party cake blue truck cupcakes Beep beep beep farm animal cupcakes sunflowers picnic tablecloth
I enjoyed putting together these little (cheap) thank you bags for Jude's sweet friends. Yes, those are lunch bags. They bring back memories of making so many school lunches. Thanks to some free printable tags (follow the link of you're interested) they fit right in. Also, I thought the kids would enjoy some coloring and puzzles so I found those for free on a quick Google search. 
Little Blue truck party cake blue truck cupcakes Beep beep beep farm animal cupcakes sunflowers picnic tablecloth
Found this chalk banner for $4 at JoAnne's and added the blue paper 
These adorable blue truck ornaments were from Oriental Trading Company's website. Super cheap; $7.00 for a set of 12! The kids had fun making them!

We had a blast with our good friends, the Camposonos!
Relaxing in the sunroom! We are so thankful for this room and the fine SoFlo temps of 75 in the winter. It was a treat to sit in the sun while opening some gifts and hugging on Granna!
He wasn't interested in any food other than the MnMs! 
Jude looooves the swanky new trike that Granna and Grandad gave him! Isn't it shiny? 

Who knew we'd have a live band? This was right before the guitars came out! :) So many sweet memories. 

Comments

  1. Awesome party! Where did you find the blue truck toy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Yum! Yum! The cake looks delicious and the food arrangement look pretty amazing. I am also baking the cake for the first time for my son’s birthday which we are planning to celebrate in one of the prettiest Venues in NYC. I hope the party goes as amazing as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me