Showering Jude In Maryville, TN


Baby showers! It's hard to believe that I'm already at that point in my life where the baby shower is for me! I remember going to baby showers for my youth leaders and older siblings but all of a sudden it's my turn! Amazing. This weekend we were showered by our friends and family in East Tennessee. Thank you to everyone who came, oh my goodness we are spoiled! It was such a joy to see so many of Blake's church family, Blake's Nana, aunts, cousins, and pastors. My sister Amy even came all the way from Chattanooga! Blake's lovely mom hosted us at her home along with almost forty guests! My cheeks are still recovering from the permanent smile. Here's a link to our first shower just in case you're interested. This was our second baby shower and our third was yesterday! Needless to say, we are overwhelmed with blessings, support, and love. I can't help but think of how much God loves us, loves you, and we will never do anything to deserve it! Even more, that he would GIVE his son for me? 

Above you'll see the beautiful invitations that Michelle, Leslie, and Kim created. Michelle and Leslie are Jude's great aunts and Kim might as well be a great aunt too! 

We received so many precious gifts! Oh the books, special jungle animal silverware, family heirloom blankets, our stroller, high chair, mattress, adorable outfits, toys, bottles, diapers, and more! I am overwhelmed with the love that Jude will be surrounded with. Even as I sit here and type, he's on the move! Can't wait to meet our little guy!

Michelle, Kim, and Leslie. Lovely hosts! 
Leslie and Michelle have been a joy to get to know these past four years! They each have a special love for their sons and daughters. I admire their creativity, passion for the Lord, for great food, and hospitable hearts.  Kim and Blake's mother are great friends and I've loved getting to know her as well! One of my fondest memories of Kim would be the day she helped try to convince me there was no fixing my first wedding dress. Though she is a master seamstress, the store ordered it about four sizes too small! Talk about a nightmare, we tried everything! Well, I tried complaining, wishing, and hoping it would magically transform into the right size... and had a few bridezilla moments! Don't worry, the store who made the ordering mistake is no longer in business thanks to me and many other dissatisfied customers! HA!
everything was amazing!
Blake's mother and grandmother also contributed their time, talents, and gifts to the party! I dare you to find a more talented, loving, and hospitable group!
Sweet Mamaw made this AMAZING diaper cake! I don't have the heart to take it apart yet!

I can't wait to read these! I'm writing all my thank you notes as motivation before I read them!
The mamas!
My lovely step mother Becky Roo!
Gotta love a guitar towel! 
I must take you around the table to see all the amazing food! See those sausage balls? The sausage came fresh from Kim's farm! 
Special spice cookie sandwiches with maple buttercream filling! MMM! Made my Michelle
Mamaw even made thumbprint cookies from my mom's bakery cookbook!
Isn't this the most amazing baby carriage of fruit you've ever seen? Thank you Publix!
Spice tea made my Blake's momma!
Pumpkin Roll made my Mamaw
made my Michelle
Bake Brie made my Michelle
traveling home across the state! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me