Pumpkin Pie Truffles

I love making truffles for friends! MMM! Ready to make these? 
By the way, thanks for the pretty platter Kelsey, I use it all the time! I couldn't go any longer without making these! With all the beautiful colors outside, the stores filled with EVERYTHING pumpkin flavored, and a few extra hours on hand, I HAD to make these. You can find the Recipe Here but you know I had to make a few changes. I doubled the recipe since I was making these as a gift and did not include the orange zest simply because I didn't want to buy and waste an orange. I have a phobia of oranges, they're not allowed in this house! Also, if you make them you may notice all the comments below the recipe that mention the filling being too soft to dip. Everyone was complaining that they couldn't figure it out... is it really that hard? I had to find out for myself. Other than keeping the filling extra chilled, there had to be a solution! Simple! All you have to do is add more dry ingredients so, I added an extra 1/3 cup of ginger snaps and graham crackers and didn't have  single issue! Oh, they are yummy! Follow along for a few tips and tempting pictures as usual...
You can top these lovely friends with ginger snap crumbs, pumpkin pie spice, or graham cracker crumbs. (or whatever you wish!) Also, thanks to my lovely father in law for this amazing lens!

crumble honey graham crackers in a bag
crumble graham cracker crumbs in a bag too!
add powdered sugar and cinnamon

Get your WHITE chocolate chips ready to melt. some people may like milk or dark chocolate on these but to me, white tastes best. Also, I've noticed that if I leave a bag of white chocolate chips open in the pantry that two things always occur; my husband eats them before I can use them and they turn a slight yellow. So sad. When they turn yellow they are stale and do act the same! It's impossible to use stale white chocolate to dip because it doesn't melt right. Solution = zip lock bag and hide them!
add pumpkin puree goodness and cream cheese
doesn't it look yummy like pumpkin pie?
I couldn't have survived making these without this talented little scoop from Pampered Chef! 
pop um' in the freezer until they set
get your crumbs ready for sprinkling because you have a limited time window until that chocolate hits the cold filling
Here's my secret to dipping; Mr. Fork! Pour chocolate over filling with a spoon and tap on the fork to remove excess
They usually set up by themselves but you have to remove the excess chocolate on the sides :)
Don't forget to take multiple pictures of your creation to make everyone hungry!
just in case you were curious about the middle!
Did you think I made these all for myself? No way Jose'! I ate ONE and it was delicious! I had the pleasure of delivering these to all the hosts of our showers, my lovely husband, my sister, my momma, and my step dad! General consensus = YUM.
had to show off this pretty ribbon I was able to purchase on sale and with a coupon at Michael's! Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me