Third Anniversary :)

Three years!? I can hardly believe it. Oh, I'm so thankful. Thankful for a loving husband who puts my and others needs before his own, volunteers to wash the dishes, encourages me, pushes me to do my best, teaches me guitar (blog on this later) who is fertile (haha, you never know!), and who shares life with passion, service, and dedication to Jesus first.   

Blake took me on a surprise trip to Opryland Hotel! He sold a guitar part so we could celebrate! We stayed the night, went on a boat ride, ate at the Old Hickory Steakhouse, watched the light show, and even got a free breakfast. They gave us a room that overlooked the gardens too, it was the perfect getaway!!! I feel so lucky!

I'm so excited to be a part of a marriage that has a meaning. After listening to a sermon online recently (here)  I was so encouraged! Scripture reminds us in Ephesians 5 about the mission of marriage; to help us better understand how God loves his church, and how the church should respond to his love. Marriage is also the deepest form of friendship. Without friendship there is no relationship! Friendship is constant, faithful, open, honest, and basically two people headed in the same direction. 
Proverbs 17:17 tells us that a friend loves at all times
Proverbs 18:24 tells us a friend sticks closer than a brother, committed,  and constant
Proverbs 27:9 reminds us of the sweetness of a friend, earnest counsel
Proverbs 27:5-6 faithful are the wounds of a friend

If I had to pick a song to go with our third year of marriage it would be this one below:
As the song describes what someone is like without their true love, I choose to think of it as we're nothing without Christ. For those of you who don't know... you are two whole people that come together. (thanks for that reminder in our wedding service pastor Freeman) I firmly believe that we are made whole in Christ and not two half people that "complete" each other. Shoo, I'm SO SO glad that I'm not responsible for completing someone because I COULD NOT DO IT. I could try, and fail. Amen? I can't help but think of how amazing it is to be in God's hands, in His plan. Yes there is romance but more so, He romances us. 
they made us feel so special!
the put our names on here!! crazy!
 2nd year



blake's favorite part of the meal! the cheese cart! it was amazing cheese!






i wore the same earrings this anniversary as I did on our wedding day :)


the Lord knows I love gardenias! I had these in my bouquet as seen below

Since our FIRST anniversary was pre-blog years, here's a few memories! 
Blake's wonderful parents surprised us with this in our cabin! 
yes, i wore the same dress this year and at our rehearsal dinner



hiking


the bakery made us a new anniversary cake for free!




the cabin we stayed in for free thanks to some wonderful friends!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me