Cream Cheese Danishes




Hello hello! Oh, this was so much fun! There's something therapeutic about making bread, and breaking it.

 My sister had a birthday last week and when I asked her to let me know what kind of cake she'd like, she had something different in mind. I had the pleasure of making cream cheese danishes all by myself. As sisters, about four years ago we made these danishes for a Thanksgiving treat so I had a little bit of experience under my belt. Not to mention my experience of watching these being made in the bakery as a kid. Of course, this recipe came from our family bakery cookbook!

Here's another blog post where I've made some homemade cinnamon bread!
star with butter, sour cream, sugar, egg

eggs, butter, sour cream, vanilla, and sugar for the filling, mmmm!
my favorite part, mixing the yeast together with sugar and water to let it rise

mix the yeast, liquid mixture, and flour together and let it rise in the fridge for about an hour or so. The longer it's in the fridge, the easier it is to work with.
ready to roll out the dough into three different sections


when making a braid, cutting triangles out on the bottom makes it easier to fold together
 also, when making the braid, it's good to cut the top corners off so that it comes together nicely... you'll see!
cut slits on the sides to fold and use as arms of the braid :)
add the cream cheese/egg mixture to the middle of each
begin to fold the braids together

so much fun!! 

i decided to do an egg wash so that they look more golden on top when they bake :)



I love making a simple orange juice, lemon juice, and powdered sugar glaze for the top! 
 
they are so light, fluffy, and creamy! yum! the perfect companion to a cup of coffee in the morning. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me