What Were We Thinking!?

My lovely roommates and I dressing up for Christmas of course!?

Even though I graduated over a year ago, I feel like it's time to share some puzzling moments from good ol' college that I can't help but ask, "what were were thinking?"

I can't stop laughing at this! If this doesn't capture my freshman year I don't know what else does!
I moved to MTSU's campus in 2005 with a new attitude, bright ideas, and enough enthusiasm to light up the dark. My imagination was running wild, my hair was all of a sudden curly, my clothes were tighter than they should have been, my heart was open to new possibilities, and my freshman fifteen nearly got the best of me. I didn't ever attend they typical parties but somehow I managed to stay up until the weeeee hours of the morning; just because there was no one to tell me to go to bed. Who ever thought that your parents gave you a bed time because it was for your own good? When you're boy crazy and a senior in high school you just can't think straight I guess. So, if you stay up late enough to find yourself delirious, then you end up having a lot of fun doing random, pointless, and strange things. 
Yes, my second vocal rest. I couldn't talk for two weeks! I carried around a dry erase board and a guy asked me my number on it! Who does that?

I'd like to say that these weird occasions ended when I moved out of the dorm. I guess these fun times prove that you don't need alcohol, drugs, or crazy parties to have a good time! I wish that I could blame it all on my friends but bare with me, I'm a lot weirder than you thought! Thank you MTSU for showing me my true colors...
You can click on the collage to make it bigger! I'll try to offer some explanation for all these, no promises. Here we go! Picture 1,2 Our friends decided to build no other than a bubble tent made out of (clean) garbage bags, supported by a running fan. We built it in the middle of the quad and watched movies in it...why? I'm sure when the policeman showed up he was shocked to see fully clothed, sober, Christians just hanging out watching Batman Begins! Pictures 3,4,5 didn't you paint a latter for your bunk bed with your roommate? We also decorated our door for Valentine's Day however, some people didn't realize it was for that holiday and we had to take it down- didn't want to give anyone the wrong impression! Picture 6, apparently I thought it was funny to put a turkey on Tanner Phillip's head? Picture 7 ? Pictures 8-12 I had quite an obsession with posting my face on silly pictures! Pictures 13,15,18 whenever Blake and I were separated by state or country I had to make a little cartoon to show the magnitude. Picture 19 our first date, I cooked Chicken Marsala, Baked Ziti from scratch, and Chocolate Molten Cakes- William Sonoma. Some are self explanatory. Picture 34, lingerie shower punishment. Picture 27, at the lake house day before wedding, at three in the morning, no flashlights only moonlight. Picture 34 dead animal at Starbucks, really? Picture 29 chose to be the tooth fairy for Halloween, crazy! Picture 36 Debate Team 08! Picture 35 What is on my head? I remember i really liked the way the pine smelled... so strange!
Saved the best for last! Poor mangy kitty cat in China! My friends won't let me live this one down.

Ok, your turn... I can't be the only weird one. Any weird memories worth sharing?



Comments

  1. carolina, we seriously did take a picture with a dead animal outside of starbucks! and why? who will ever know?!? these pictures bring back some great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took picture #35! This is a cute reflection; I might have to steal the idea and do something similar.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me