Turning 23

The lovely cake my work gave me with a singing candle
You would think that turning twenty three wouldn't be that eventful but thanks to my lovely husband Blake and a slew of friends and family, we celebrated for five days! And nope, I didn't even have to think about making my own cake! The day before my birthday my Dad came up to visit and took us out to good ol' Cracker Barrel for dinner; they gave me a free slice of Coke Cake and my Dad gave me a cake cookbook! I'll definitely put that book to good use but just not anytime soon because I've had way too many sweets lately!

My work even bought me a cake with a singing candle, balloons, a card, and decorated my desk!
they decorated me desk!
My work gave me balloons and my Dad got me a cookbook!
After celebrating at work Blake and I went out to The Cheesecake Factory to have dinner for free (thanks to John and Lauren). To my surprise Ashly, Tyler, Dwayne, and Kelsey met us there! It was such a special night. The conversation was nonstop for three hours; not to mention the awesome over sized portions of food. They even gave me a free piece of Tiramisu cheesecake all decorated...though Dwayne's red velvet cheesecake looked better than mine! I was so thankful to spend my birthday with some dear friends. Then, the next day I got my hair cut with some birthday cash at a salon instead of Great Clips which was interesting. I enjoyed getting my head massaged but I did not enjoy the tab! Later that day we met Freeman Tomlin and his family for lunch (the pastor who married us) and then to Hendersonville, TN to spend some time with my sister's family.
The lovely Ashly and Tyler HAYNES!
The lovely Kelsey and Brotha Dwayne
THE EYE OF SARUMAN??? (for you Lord Of The Rings fans)
On Sunday we were still celebrating believe it or not... we met Blake's Mom and FIANCE at Ruby Tuesdays as they flew in from visiting Blake's sister. It's so romantic; he proposed to her while the pilot announced it at 39,000 feet! We are so happy for them it's just wonderful! Leigh Ann even gave me birthday presents and we had Tiramisu to celebrate.                                                                

Next up was a date with RAY LAMONTAGNE AND DAVID GRAY! Blake surprised me by getting tickets and who knew... dinner at J.Alexanders with surprise guests Lea Ann and Michael and another birthday cake, this time Carrot Cake! Coke Cake, White Cake, Tiramisu Cheesecake, Carrot Cake, and regular Tiramisu- I've had enough cake for five birthdays! Needless to say, my next birthday present to myself will be Cardio Cake! Thank you for such a special birthday, it'll be hard to top this one!
Sometimes it's really hard for him to uncross his eyes haha

Comments

  1. such a fun birthday! glad to see that you're blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me