Showering Jill

Jill's lingerie shower; the five sisters and a friend named Laura. Can you tell which one is not related?
Finally, after waiting for almost ten years Jill found Kevin and Kevin found Jill in good old Nashville, TN; just as I predicted! After swearing off the whole idea of marriage; God had another plan for these two! It was such a beautiful day when they joined together. But before the big celebration, the sisterhood had some celebrating to do! Just in case I don't talk about it enough... I'm one of five girls. Jill is the second oldest sister who recently got married and currently lives in St.Louis. We are all very close, especially thanks to our bi-monthly conference call and I admire each sister for different qualities. However, Jill is very special to me! Jill's ears are always ready to listen, her heart ready to share wisdom, and there's always scripture to go with "do you want me to tell you what i really think?" She's always quick to give hugs, Jill shakes, and high fives.  I know that Jill will be the kind of wife that builds up her husband in the fruits of the Spirit. She's pretty funny too...in her own way!

We had a chance to live together in my lovely apartment the summer of my sophomore year. At the time, Jill discovered that she did not want to teach anymore but wanted to start a new chapter. I also discovered a few things that summer including that none of my clothes fit me in a specific area any longer and neither did the current relationship I was in. Needless to say, both of our lives changed that summer. Independence Day held a new meaning for us... independence from teaching and past relationships! Jill held me accountable to our contract we made about not contacting the ex and I held her accountable to find a new job! The summer was filled with new recipes, new clothes, new ideas, and new lessons learned. I am so thankful for truth, convictions, and especially our sisterhood! It was this summer I convinced Jill that Nashville would hold her husband... sometime we all need a deep breath followed by a big change!

We started out the evening at Maple Street Grill and then headed back to my place for the sweets! If you ever want some sweets for a gathering I'd love to help whip up the good stuff!

This was not just an ordinary lingerie shower, this was a shower for my sister! So we had to eat some Oreo balls, cheesecake bites, and lingerie cake!
Call  it what you like; Lingerie Cake, Boob Cake, Booty Cake... but around the nephews remember it's just a "heart cake"
Cheesecake bites with white chocolate S's for her new name Schilling, not SEX!
Another version of cheesecake bites that I made

This time of celebration was more than just another wedding; it was a unique time where Jill was able to showcase her beauty as well as a covenant being made! She could not have looked any better. Thanks to our famous family photographer, Mary (formerly known as Mary Beth) had a chance do a photo shoot with Jill! I can just see it now, Jill doesn't know exactly how to position herself or what faces to make but with Mary Beth's graces she finally warms up to the idea, the camera is her friend ,and there are so amazing pictures to show for it. It takes a trained eye and a huge heart to capture our sweet sister so perfectly...
 



Comments

  1. you are such a sweet sister. im so happy for jill. i bet all those sweets were yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoohoo jill! I am so excited for her and she looked beautiful :) Jill was such an encouragement to me about relationships that summer she lived with you. She deserves this marriage more than anyone!

    Caroline let's open a bakery...i can't do much but you can teach me! haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me