Showering Laurie Kate In Tennessee

(Thanks to Aunt Michelle and her camera, we have these awesome pictures!)
There's nothing like southern women. While we visited Tennessee, Blake's lovely and talented Aunt Michelle was so kind to put together a beautiful shower celebrating our little lady Herron, Laurie Kate! It meant so much to me to have Tennessee friends and family together. My lovely mother-in-love and Blake's Mamaw also put a lot of love into the afternoon. I feel like we were just celebrating little Jude. We were simply overwhelmed by the generosity, love, support, and hugs we were given. Laurie Kate is one blessed baby because she has each of you in her life. My cup runneth over. Thank you so much to everyone who joined us and came together to celebrate this new life. We really appreciate your prayers as we grow from a family of three to four in February. 

PINK!!!! I never imagined that I'd have a little girl and a little boy. Everyone keeps asking us if we are done having children since we have the "perfect number" and I will tell them a resounding NO. We are not done, Lord willing. Crazy heads! Haha! What usually follows is, "just wait until you have two and then you'll see." Well, I'm just going to have to disagree. See, amongst other reasons, I'm from a family of five girls so it doesn't feel like home unless it's absolutely crazy. Now, we probably won't have five but I just love being mother and a wife... raising Jude is a joy. Sure, it's hard work but it is worth every second. I've just got to quote my girl, Gloria Furman... 
Isn't everything so beautiful? 
Mi madre!
They know the way to my heart... sweets!


My Aunt Janet was able to join us all the way from Carthage, TN and my sweet Aunt Carol came from Powell, TN. Also, my dad and Becky came! :)

I was so tickled to have the one and only, SHELLEY SNYDER there too! Shelley came all the way from Lebanon, TN and spent the night the day before. We have been friends since college and had the best time catching up. Thank you for coming, sweeeeet friend! Love you!
Blake's Aunt Julie and little Macy came from Nashville, TN too :)
I LOVED getting to hug some sweet silver and white haired ladies... they're so full of wisdom and grace. I tell Blake all the time that I love being around older people because they have this sweet spirit about them because they've known Jesus for so long. I just want to take them all home with me. :( 
Blake's Nana was able to come as well. This woman has such a strong faith and we have been praying for her as she battles breast cancer. Isn't she beautiful?
Cousins!
The talented Trey and Shelby Walker made this awesome sign for us to hang in Laurie Kate's room. This little Tennessee token means the world to me. Thank you! Shelby has some incredible artwork on Etsy. Click here to check it out! 
Granna (Blake's momma) made these two precious outfits and a blanket for Laurie Kate. There's so much love poured into them; I truly treasure them. Thank you!
As you may have read in the previous blog, little Jude wasn't feeling so good. He woke up from his nap and was miserable. Poor big brother!
My lifelong friend Haley Mynatt came too!! I regret not getting our picture together but it was a joy to have you there to celebrate with us. 

It was a day of so much love and rejoicing. My heart was and is so full of God's faithfulness and goodness to us. I feel so lucky that Laurie Kate's Tennessee family is so active in her life already. We are so excited to meet this baby girl! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me