Waiting On Laurie Kate


Our little lady, we started your story here
 Laurie Kate, your story began last Christmas. Your daddy and I were tickled to think about adding another little Herron to the bunch. We couldn't wait to start trying after your big brother turned one. We waited until May and miraculously your little life began. God breathed life into your precious soul just about eight months ago and our hearts were filled with such anticipation and joy! 

Jude has no idea what is going on but, we've tried to prepare him by reading him a few books about a baby sister coming. He hasn't quite made the connection but he is going to love you. I'm sure he'll take extra good care of you once he realizes you're not a toy. Haha! I point to my belly and say, "what is this?" and he just tells me what color I'm wearing and says for example, "white bubble." 
I've had a relatively pleasant pregnancy little girl, thank you. You've taken care of me and I've taken care of you. I had some consistent nausea for about a month when you started growing big and strong, I've had some pretty painful abdomen stretching pains, but other than that, I've felt great. I'm still waiting on my hands and feet to swell up like they did with your brother! Your dad is so excited to meet you little one. You will love him. He's the one who has played all those crazy instruments, sung to you, and made mommy giggle. He can't quite appreciate all the pink, bows, and dresses until you get here. Haha! You are already loved, prayed for, and provided for so much! So many family and friends have sent you gifts, diapers, clothes, and decorations to celebrate your arrival. In fact, your room is full of the efforts of many of our friends and family. Mommy's friends named Katie, Kelsey, Mistie, and Mili made so many pretty things in your room. They love you because God made you!

I have so many hopes, dreams, and prayers for you. I've prayed for your husband, for your friends, for health, the gift of music, and most importantly for you to know the grace and big love of Jesus. You move around in my belly so often, we call you our little dancer. I have to admit something though, I've struggled during this pregnancy. I've struggled knowing that I'm going to hurt you, that the world is going to hurt you too.  We are not going to love you perfectly. We are going to mess up. And all the while, your extended family is so many miles away. You see, they all live in Tennessee and you'll be born in Florida. However, you know what? I'm glad that I can't love you perfectly but there is only one person who can and His name is Jesus. He created you, and He gave you to us. We don't deserve you and we never will but we pray that through the love of Jesus, that you will feel at home with us. 

Your name came from your great grandmother, Annie Laurie. I call her Nana. Here's a picture of her with your big brother. You see, Nana has been through a lot. Nana lives in Charleston, South Carolina and has lived a full life of sacrifice. She was raised in poverty and now has plenty, and blesses many with her bounty. She knows what it means to daily give all that you have to love others. Nana has taken care of her mentally handicapped son her whole life, watched her husband break the bonds of alcoholism through the power of the Holy Spirit, and raised two girls (one of them being your Mimi.) She isn't perfect but she has experienced the power of the love of God, prays diligently, walks with God daily, shares His love with friends and complete strangers, and has hope and joy in Christ. I pray that you'll have an ounce or two of her courage and determination, an ounce or two of her contagious laughter, her caring spirit, her words of wisdom, her modesty, beauty, grace, and most of all... joy. 


I pray this verse over your life, little lady!
watching you grow :)

Thanks to Ikea for the cheap furniture. 


You get to sleep in your big brother's old crib :)
I can't wait to rock you in Jude's old rocker :)

This was mommy's old baby blanket. It's blue because they thought I was going to be a boy, haha!
Granna gave you this beautiful bedding to keep you nice and cozy
Granna also made this beautiful dress for you!
Some sweet friends in Tennessee made this for you named Trey and Shelby Walker. 
Daddy took these pictures of us in our back yard back in December :)

We can't wait to bring you into this world on February 9th! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me