Fireman Hat Cake!


Hello again friends! How about this fireman cake? Notice how I didn't say "firefighter" haha! There are no women in the Hendersonville fire department so I don't have anything to worry about! My good friend Megan's husband Brian is currently in training to become a part of the Hendersonville Fire Squad so for his birthday, Megan had this awesome idea to make him a fire hat cake. How cool! So, Megan headed over to my house with the baked cake and Tina joined us too! I'm so glad we could all get together and take on this challenge! We had such an awesome time working through the challenges, dying our hands different colors, trying the fondant, and just making a big mess and I think we had some success! I think it turned out pretty awesome and I heard that it tasted good too! We used the same fondant recipe that I used on the previous Captain America fondant cake I made for my nephew here. Here's a picture of it because I'm pretty proud of it... 

I think this was posed by Megan hah! You can tell by the enthusiastic look on Brian's face!
we started with this hot mess here... trimmed it up a bit and...
                         
rolled out the fondant! these girls rocked the food coloring part; it is hard work! They did an AWESOME JOB!
we cut out shapes and glued on all kinds of stuff with frosting
I tried to help as much as I could but I did have to tend to this precious one every now and then! I do realize that I have a winter hat on; our heat went out. Boo. Thanks to the good Lord and our little tax return, we were able to fix it so Jude's hands and toes don't freeze off!
trimming up the fondant with a good ol' knife
 ya'll are so cute!

Love you guys!

Comments

  1. Now that looks good! I hope it tasted good as well.

    -Ryell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me