A Baby Girl For Amy

This is my lovely sister Amy Laman! Amy is two years older than me and I am so grateful for our friendship! Amy and her husband Kevin live in Chattanooga, TN and recently had a "reveal party" to announce the sex of their baby! My dad, older sister Lea Ann, and I surprised her last week by crashing her party! First, in case you don't know, a "reveal party" is where you invite your friends over, have everything perfectly decorated pink and blue, and then the sex of the baby is discovered in some creative way by the couple and guests. In their case, they didn't even know the sex of the baby; their friend Faith Chesney made a beautiful cake for them and dyed the middle of it pink! HOW COOL! I've seen some people release balloons out of a box too!

You should have seen the place! Amy is so talented and creative! She had every inch of the house decorated with pink and blue; it was so special to notice each detail! They also had about twenty five friends over that also brought about eight children with them! It was crawling with little cries, crawling feet, and mini giggles. So sweet! Jude enjoyed the company for about five seconds and then became pretty fussy... it was one of his first times in public haha. Most of these pictures were taken after the reveal happened as I was feeding baby Jude. I borrowed a few pictures of them cutting the cake haha!

so precious!
sisters!

I had the pleasure of surprising her with these lovely Oreo truffles... yum!
Amy and Kevin will be wonderful parents! Amy has babysat for so many families and has acquired all the "know-how." She has a talent and a special interest in knowing all about child development and she's a teacher so she gets to practice her love for children each day; well, ideally. We all know the teaching system in TN is not so great right now. Kevin on the other hand probably hasn't done that much babysitting but I know that he will rise to the challenge! 
pink!!
yay!!!

I can't wait to maybe make this cake again for her baby shower!! Let the brainstorming begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me