Blake is 25

Blake happens to share a birthday with his sweet Papaw so, we took our first family journey to Maryville, TN to celebrate! We said we were going to leave at 6:00 AM... I know what you're thinking. You're right. We didn't leave town until 8:00 AM. That's not too bad though, right? You should have seen us! I don't know how many trips we made in and out the back door! "Wait, we forgot the boppy!" Haha! It was an extra special trip because Blake's sister Whitney was in town from Las Vegas too!  Little Jude slept the whole way there and back; we couldn't believe it!  It's always fun driving through the mountains and reflecting on life!
Here's a random tip for you and your husband; I've found that Blake talks the most when he is multitasking. Therefore; when you and your husband are driving together, playing a sport, going on a walk, or doing other things together then most likely they will offer up those little nuggets of quality conversation. This means that you probably won't get a good discussion out of him when you are just sitting doing nothing, eating, or trying to go to sleep. I've had to learn this the hard way. Maybe it's just Blake but I don't think so. Not to say that Blake doesn't have good spontaneous conversations but I'm talking about the over analyzing, tear in your eye good ones! You know? I just love my husband. He is the best daddy! Who knew he would be better at changing diapers than I am? I don't have to tell him to do anything, he just knows how to love on our little man perfectly! Thank you for being such a wonderful husband. I'm glad you're 25.

Back on track! The weekend was fully booked with visits from both sides of the family. Blake's mom's side came over on Thursday and Blake's dad's side came over on Friday. I'm talking grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, step sisters, step nieces, you name it! My mom and Michael even came over too! It wasn't easy at first to share Jude so much but it's such a joy to see everyone hold him! He was a little extra fussy since he's never been around so many people at one time but for the most part, the grandmothers and great grandmothers had him covered in love!  

I had one of those moments that weekend where you realize how good life is and how old you are. It was almost like the feeling you get when you walk in your old elementary school as an adult. Or, when you come home from college from the first time and your house never smelled sweeter. We were sitting in our bedroom in East Tennessee for the first time as a family. I was feeding the baby, the fan was blowing on us, the ice storm was coming upon us, there were cookies in the kitchen, and it smelled like home. 
Simple things like being piled up on the couch, watching a movie together as a family, baking cookies, making banana pudding; I don't want to take them for granted. It's no small blessing that the Lord has given us a wonderful family... and sweets! :)
I don't know what says southern sweets more than banana pudding with peanut butter cookies. Granna and Whitney whipped this up. YUM. 
Aunt Whitney!
it's hard work looking this cute!

daddy blowing out his candles!
Jude's letter to Daddy haha he worked really hard on it
Blake's face sums the excitement up, don't you think? We surprised Whitney with an early birthday celebration!
I asked Blake what kind of cake he wanted this year and he requested a Baskin Robbin's ice cream cake! Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream with chocolate cake. YUM. 
Blake's Mamaw made this awesome carrot cake for Whitney! She does a beautiful job decorating!
sweet moments with Papaw
some tummy time
proud grandparents :)
Oh I just HAD to get my mom to play some piano for the baby! Jude loved it! A little Clair De Lune anyone? One of my favorite songs to play myself.
Proud grandparents all piled up with their blessings. Thank you Lord for such a wonderful weekend!

Comments

  1. Caroline, I was rereading this early this morning and I love Blake's face when Whitney was surprised. Isn't that what every mother wants??? Their children to love each other so much that they are willing to share in their special day (birthday) and are just as excited for the other...I just love Whitney's face too when she is surprised! Kudos to Leigh Ann!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me