My First Official Order: Strawberry Cake & Chocolate Strawberries

Oh, don't you love strawberry cake? In case you missed it, here's the recipe. You can even make a lingerie cake out of it. Want to order one? Let me know! (just click on the links to see more) I've been so excited to share this with you!

There's always a story behind the sweet. My sister's nurse Stacey with an E had a Birthday last week and I was so delighted to provide the cake. I tried to be as professional as possible. I traveled over to Michael's craft store and bought all the appropriate supplies including doilies, a cardboard platter, box with window, and some mini cup cake liners for the strawberries.

And guess what: I even got another chocolate covered strawberry order for Valentine's Day! Yay! I'm so excited to make them again. thank you Jesus
Since I couldn't find our scotch tape, and tape isn't nearly as pretty as ribbon, I just secured the cake box with some pretty ribbon left over from our wedding believe it or not (I'm not a hoarder- i'm just not wasteful!!) Just take your scissors and poke two petite holes. I wanted to make it as special as possible!
The most exciting part- CHOCOLATE! To save yourself some trouble read this little note:
After making chocolate covered things before I've discovered that this sacred dessert is very particular and can be difficult to work with. For example, I used to just warm up the morsels in the microwave but sometimes the chocolate can over heat and it ruins (crumbles and burns = throwing it away and starting over). 

So, if you'd like the best result then get out your favorite pot, place it over med-low heat, and make a double boiler with a glass bowl on top. When it has melted completely remove the pot from the eye of the stove or the chocolate will become too hot and will not set on the tender berry right.  MAGIC! I use Ghiradelli only for these babies. 
You can find the Wilson's pink chocolate pellets at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I dare you to walk out of those stores with one item. ahah The trick is, to dip each side of the berry and place it on a waxed paper cookie sheet. Also, if you keep the leaves on it then it's much easier to dip!
I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE SOME FOR YOU FOR VALENTINE'S DAY! 
decorate!!!
important: place in the freezer on top of your frozen veggies to set the chocolate. DO NOT  let the berry freeze or it will ruin.
Always keep these at room temperature, do not refrigerate or they will start to sweat (learned that the hard way before) 
so, do you feel up the challenge? i dare you to make some; they make the perfect Valentine's treat!
Here's another idea: if you have a friend with the last name Dunahoo, D, or basically any letter, then you can place melted chocolate in a bag, draw shapes or D's on waxed paper, freeze, peal off, and stick on strawberries with a dot of chocolate acting glue on the back. These were so fun to make!
You can always decorate with left over chocolate pellets :) they look really cute stuck onto a cake or cheesecake. 
enjoy your messy counters!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me