Two Birthdays One Cake

Last weekend we had some special visitors come into town! Blake's Mom, Lonas, Mamaw, and Papaw came to visit us bright and early Sundy' morning. Blake's family always impresses me with how well they outdo each other in love (Romans 12:10). They drove all the way from Maryville, TN (pronounced muravle) to attend our church, share stories, hugs, birthday presents, and cake of course! But, what you may not know is that Blake's Papaw was born on the same day that little Blake came into this world! He was sure to retell that famous story again before we lit the birthday candles. We had such a great visit and regret that we can't be around such fine people more often. We love you all!
The original idea behind Pilsbury's Confetti Cake
click me to make be bigger
I admit, this cake turned out a little too dry. I called my mom while mixing it because her hand typed recipe with crucial, faded, penciled in notes had failed me (was it one cup of milk or two?!) a crisis in the kitchen i must say ahah! And after taking the first bite I realized that I should have gone with two! But, as an experienced baker I did add four Tbs of vegetable oil to try to add some moisture (fail). I still heard plenty of "mmmms" so I assume it wasn't a complete disaster, just nearly impossible to frost! Ladies and gents, when this happens just slice it up, slap it on a few to go plates, and ask your husband who will eat anything with sugar, to take care of the rest. :)

Happy Birthday to Blake and Papaw, Happy Birthday to Blake and Papaw, Happy Birthday to Blake and Papaw.... Happy Birthday to Yooooou!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me