Keepin Strong


What do you do when your husband suffers from vegaphobia (fear of vegetables)? You do what any wife would do... continue to hide vegetables in meals, cover vegetables with cheese, or offer him a vitamin! Now I must say, Blake has done a great job continuing to try new veggies since we've gotten married. 

We had a bottle of the regular (hard) vitamins and he didn't seem to want to take them because they were difficult to swallow; they were rather large! So, against my will I found some MARVEL COMIC SUPER HERO GUMMIES ON SALE at Target! Blake has never been so excited... "they taste like candy!" hahaah 

However, I found that after borrowing my sister's Magic Bullet food chopper... you can puree veggies and hide them in your dinner. For example, you can grind up peppers and add them to pasta sauces for a tangy kick. We added a red pepper puree to our classic Alfredo recipe and it was great! You can also add the puree to tomato sauce as well. Needless to say, all is well in the Herron household now that Blake feels more like a super hero each day! 

On another note; I've been thinking about how serious it is to not only feed ourselves nutritionally but spiritually. For man does not live by bread alone but by every word of God. I'm so thankful that even in this busy, over complicated, materialistic minded America we live in, that God's word still has the power to clear our mind, strengthen our heart, and soothe our soul. In fact, as I become more aware of my spiritual condition in this over- blessed country, I am so grateful that God allows us to suffer! Imagine how hard it would be to depend on God's presence without suffering!! I pray that God will continue to help us bless others with what he has given us. 

Remembering the sweet friends I made in China and Nicaragua who not only live with God but absolutely FOR HIM. They have nothing. We have everything. Longing to go out of the country again so that I may be shaken.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me