Heart Day

Happy Valentine's Day!


I hope you have had a wonderful Valentine's Day so far! Blake has filled the whole day with surprises! First, he made an invisible trip to my desk at work with chocolates and flowers (somehow???) and even tied a balloon to my car! Then, he told me I had to write down 50 romantic things by 5:00. So, I followed this challenging order, wrote out my list, and headed home. Finding more chocolates at home, two notes, and my Blake, I found out the surprise! Mr. Creative told me we are going to go through each other's to do-date lists for the next two years! (how sweet!! aw!) The funny part is, I'm going to have to do some tweaking because I wrote things such as the "moon, snow, chocolate, New York, Europe," etc. I mean, they're romantic things?! I'm really looking forward to drawing out of our little jar of ideas this year! Thank you Blake! (with the biggest smile and giggle I can conjure up)

The night is young and the cookies.... are heart shaped! Growing up, the cookie that I remember my Mom making the most were these red tea cake cookies for Valentine's Day. For the past three years I've made them for Blake and my closest friends so this year couldn't be any different! I also had an order to make chocolate covered strawberries for a paying customer! Here's the recipe :)
  
Your New Favorite Cookie Recipe:

2 sticks blue bonnet margarine
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla, almond, or lemon flavoring (almond is the best)
4 cups of flour
1/4 tsp baking SODA (not powder)
1/8 tsp salt
wax paper
cookie cutters
love, and self control
Preheat oven to 400. Soften margarine in microwave, do not melt! Add sugar and beat or stir well. Add eggs, vanilla, and food coloring. Fold in dry ingredients and stir by hand. Roll out between two lightly floured wax paper sheets. Cut out with cookie cutters, bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes! They burn easily so make sure to watch closely and grease cookie sheet.

Easy Cream Cheese Frosting!!

1/2 of an 8oz box of cream cheese
1/2 stick of margarine
1 box of powdered sugar
1 tsp. almond flavor
Soften cream cheese and butter in microwave, do not melt completely or even close! Add half box of powdered sugar and stir by hand. Add almond flavoring, food coloring is optional, and rest of the powdered sugar. Stir by hand and then beat.


you can even put these in little bags and give them away to your friends! i decide to stash a little doily cut out in there toooo just to be special :)

To: the lady who works at the front desk of Middle Tennessee Pediatrics
From: Me :) 
Loook! I got a stamp!!! Next up, I think I am going to make a menu full of prices so that people may know what food I'd like to offer them :) aah so excited! And don't worry, Blake and I have been doing Tae Bo to help counteract the calories! Since we don't have technical Tae Bo tools, we just just use coasters and cans of Pumpkin. ahhahah (no, i will not be posting pictures of that)

Comments

  1. Love the romantic list idea! Though I would be writing things like "eating at an outdoor cafe in Italy," which would not be affordable for the next two years!

    Also love your baking stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad that you are starting to sell some baked goods. its about time! we have been spoiled haha, but for real. carolines bake shop would dominate any other

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me