Baby Boy Oreo Truffles

Hello friends! This may look like a lolly pop but it's actually one of those yummy Oreo Truffles decorated to resemble a baby's rattle...maybe!? There is a young couple whom our church is having a shower for this afternoon. Unfortunately it's a sad situation and they don't have a lot of support. Hardly a place to stay, money, not even a bed to sleep on. We're all coming together as women of the church to shower her with anything and everything we can find to help! I'm excited that I can share these little balls of joy :)

 I remember the first time that I had an Oreo Truffle; I was sitting next to Blake at his old apartment before we started dating. Blake's lovely Momma Leigh Ann had specially wrapped them in candy boxes! I was so overwhelmed with the smooth richness...have you had one!!? You know what I mean. All you need is one bag of Oreos separated, one 8oz block of cream cheese and some white/colored chocolate. Of course, if you're like me then you'll go for do double stuff instead of those old original ones! (go big or go home)
some people prefer to have a little crunch in their Oreo balls so if you don't feel like separating them then you can just crush them in a bag.
 I always pop these bad boys in the blender one hand full at a time! After scaring your cat out of the kitchen, and making a huge mess of crumbs, there you have it! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO CARRY/JUGGLE A BLENDER UP THREE FLIGHTS OF STAIRS?? Hahah
Mix softened (microwaved) frosting and cream cheese with crumbs. roll into balls
I made larger balls this time since I was going for the "rattle" look and then stuck candy sticks in them. Pop them into the freezer for at least 30 min
 Dip the cold Oreo balls into the melted chocolate, use a spoon to help! TIP: Remove chocolate from heat once it is melted so that it doesn't burn, it also helps it to sit evenly on the treat
 waxed paper; couldn't live without it!
 make them pretty!
 look at this bad boy!! don't know who started this....haha such a mess!
Oh, I can't wait to share! Happy Baby BOY!!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

Fall Afresh On Me

What to Think