WHFBC Youth Fall Retreat

Blake and I were invited to lead worship with our church's youth last weekend and I couldn't help but take pictures of such a great place! The weekend was filled with s'mores, home cooked meals, lake, zip line jumping, and preaching of course! Being around youth for the first time in a few years brought back a lot of memories of my time in middle and high school. I am so grateful when I look back and see what God has brought me through. I'm no longer the boy crazy, self conscious, lazy, insecure, short (wait yeah I'm still short) little girl that I once was. I wish that I could just transfer all of my experiences, mistakes, and wisdom that God has shown me into all their heads/hearts but that's not the way that it works. Yes discipleship, mentoring, etc. But, life has to be lived and learned. I could sit and tell someone what I've learned in my life, what I know now, what to do, what not to do but they have to live it out! When you think about it, it's pretty awesome to think about everything in your life, what God has done, and how He's going to use your experiences to glorify him in relationships. Even now, there are still some friends from the past that my heart hurts for.  I think: just turn to Jesus, you used to say that you knew Him...what happened, don't you know that sin will never satisfy you, don't you know that He'll forgive ____, don't you know that He LOVES you no matter what!??! But, the truth is, God has to show them, God has to change their heart, I can be a light but God is the power. 

come sit around meeee...tell stories

roll down the hill!!

dear leaf, i wish you were orange and red



evidence of the duckies!!

shootin some b'ball


i wanna be in the light as you are in the light...i wanna...





the pooor mangy kitties!!



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me