Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

Finally, a successful chicken noodle soup recipe! I've made chicken noodle soup a few times before and wasn't impressed with the recipes I chose. I also made a few mistakes that I've since learned from! For example, do not add your egg noodles until the last 5-10 minutes of cooking or they will overcook and end up as little shredded pieces of noodles. Another good one; do not add salt to the pot, only to your individual bowl if you prefer it because it could end up too salty. Very sad. 

This recipe stuck out to me because it has a little bit of cream and parmesan cheese in it = so good and unique! Blake raved over it which always makes me feel good and I've already made it twice this season! Of course, a large portion of it is now in the freezer because I'm preparing for hibernation/baby time! So far I have banana muffins, potato soup (click for recipe on previous blog), chicken soup, spinach casserole, and poppyseed casserole in the freezer! Yay! 

Before you get to looking at the recipe, I have to endorse Sister Schubert rolls because they are the perfect mate for this soup! I still know people who have never had them!!! PLEASE go buy some in the frozen bread section. If your grocery doesn't have them, you need to change groceries! Here's what they look like; 
regular
they also come in a large size!
another secret, they make my favorite cinnamon rolls!

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

1 rotisserie chicken, (cut up with Pampered Chef salad chopper seen below)

8 cups water with 8 chicken stock cubes or 8 cups chicken broth

  • 2 tsp onion flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning (optional)
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1/4 tsp bay leaves
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 cup sliced carrots
  • 1 cup sliced celery
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
  • 2 tablespoons parsley
  • 1/3 cup white wine
  • 1/2- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 2/3 cup cream
  • 1/2 tsp seasoning salt

Directions

Bring all ingredients to a boil EXCEPT EGG NOODLES. Add noodles last and cook according according to directions on package, usually 5-7 minutes. Adjust seasoning, if needed, by adding seasoning salt and pepper. 

One more endorsement! You may remember me talking about this friend on my blog before but I have to mention it again. This little guy will save you so much time when shredding up the rotisserie chicken! This beautifully awkward looking "salad chopper" needs to be on your Christmas list! It's name isn't very accurate... and of course, it doesn't just chop salad! You can chop meat, veggies, fruits, nuts, you name it! The next time you make a chicken casserole, you won't have to shred the chicken by hand!! Or, the next time your husband makes you a pizza with bacon on it (in case you missed it, click HERE) he won't have to tear the bacon bits up by hand. I made Blake come into the kitchen so he could see how this thing works. He came, saw, and stated, "I love you" and giggled. Click HERE to purchase online. Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me