The Bitter & Sweet

Hello! We've definitely welcomed the warmer weather and enjoyed spending time in our cozy sunroom! My gracious grandmother needed to get rid of some furniture so we were grateful to accept! We love our house, so thankful!


Blake just looks so handsome, I had to share this lovely picture!

 It's been a struggle to deal with the death of my friend at work but I was blessed to have a week filled with baking, spending quality time with Blake, and with friends. We LOVE spending time with our big, small group. We had seven couples over to our house this weekend to fellowship and talk about amazing grace. If this week hadn't been as eventful I'd probably still be weeping but, life goes on. God is good. Romans 8:28 has been an anchor this week; for we know that all things work together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to his purpose.On to the sweet part of my week! I had the pleasure of making some sample cupcakes for my friend's upcoming wedding. I made some snicker doodle, banana walnut, and lemon cupcakes! YUM. It's been a challenge not to eat them all but I've been faithful to my treadmill and taking the dog on my jogs! 

I enjoyed experimenting with these new recipes and trying new techniques; my friend loved them too! I also had so much fun making some beach cupcakes! You'll have to scroll down to see all the fun. I can't wait to go to the beach in April!
Banana!
Lemon


Aren't they just the cutest? All you need is a good cupcake, some blue frosting, blue sprinkles, graham cracker crumbs, mini umbrellas found at World Market, and some Gobstoppers or gum balls for the beach ball! There are more pictures below but first...
I forgot to share with you all about my latest cookie technique. I was reading in my cookie book and it talked about "flooding" cookies. First, I made this simple glaze out of powdered sugar, milk, and lemon juice. ( I also made a vanilla glaze) Then, I made my family sugar cookie recipe and cut out shapes from a cookie cake... it's a little easier that way! Next, I whipped up the best cream cheese frosting and bordered the cookie.

Then, all you have to do is fill in the cookie with the glaze...

Then, you decorate with more colors...

Oh, doesn't this just make you smile? Cookies!!

Here's a Valentine's Oreo white chocolate cheesecake for a friend...mmm
more pictures of the fun little beach cupcakes! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me