Dark Chocolate Kahlua Truffles

Well, it all started here; my visit to The Cocoa Tree in Nashville. Please check out that blog post if you have a chance, it was a life changing day for me haa! Then, my wonderful husband bought me this book, and I made chocolate covered caramels.  I've LOVED working with chocolate to cover strawberries, Oreo truffles, or pretzels but, it was about time for me to just try a basic dark chocolate ganache truffle. So, I tied on my apron, turned up the iTunes including Alicia Keys and John Mayer, and started chopping! Blake willingly tested them out before I shared them with the girl friends. We had a little girls night out on the town so, we decided to come back to our place and enjoy some chocolate and coffee for dessert. I only made half of the recipe and it made twenty, I can't image trying to give away forty truffles. I had SO much fun making these that I can't decide what I like better; taking the pictures, making them, or eating them! 

I started with the finest Ghiradelli I could find. Next time I may have to run to World Market and see what kinds of chocolate they have to offer. The higher Cacao the better! However, I think I'm more of a milk chocolate fan so I'll definitely be making a milk chocolate truffle next!

 Then, I boiled some heavy cream and corn syrup together
 simply pour over chopped chocolate and let it melt together
 prepare your favorite flavoring and butter, pour into chocolate
 Let the ganache settle. I had to place mine in a freezer for a few minutes so that I could form the balls
 say hello to some pretty coffee beans! 
 This is where it gets fun! You can use a scoop but I just had to get my hands dirty and roll them up!
 Oh, they were a mess! I also put these in the freezer for a few minutes so that I could cover them with chocolate. 
 add some toppings!
 They were extremely rich but very tasty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me