Serious Pumpkin Carving

Happy Halloween! I've never been a huge fan of Halloween. First of all it's creepy, depressing, and never once did I have a store bought costume! For example, one year I decided to be the Grandma that got run over by the reindeer. No one knew what I was! Who does that? Apparently my creativity was shot after being a blueberry one year (blue poncho). It's OK though, at least I learned to be thrifty right? 

Despite my dislike for this strange holiday, I've always been a huge fan on pumpkin carving! When we grew up we went all out; special pumpkin carving tools, stencils, baked seeds, etc. This Halloween was no different, we even had the privilege of sharing it was some of our amazing friends! Good ol' Dwayne and Kelso came over and we carved pumpkins they had picked from a local patch... how cute! NO STENCILS ALLOWED!! These babies are all original creations. We had so much fun laughing, making goofy noises, watching Blake carve three pumpkins in the time it took us each to do one, and we even finished up the night watching Gladiator with Sonic drinks :). Of course this was all after Kelsey and I had some major girl talk!

 Here's the cast of characters: Blake made the first one and two mean ones, I made the pretty one (polka dots and swirls) Dwayne made the foot ball one (awkward??) Kelsey made the Charles Schultz looking one...Charlie Brown's sister maybe?... and Kelsey and Dwayne made the sailboat on the ocean! The best part of the night was realizing that if everything goes right, we'll be carving pumpkins like these together in White House, TN next year. What a blessing. Love ya'll...thanks for making a mess with us!

of course we broiled the seeds. only took 30 min. seasoned salt!








so scary!!

SO CREATIVE! and so scary! itunes gift card, awesome idea kels

A S'MORE!! thanks matt and hannah


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me