December 2017



We are definitely going to need the next eleven months to recover from the past few weeks of Christmas madness. I also think I'm going to need another year to adjust to having three kids. Three different schedules, school requirements, lunchboxes, doctor's appointments... a l l  o f   i t. It's becoming increasingly difficult to climb into bed at a reasonable hour. I'm clinging to the promise of "being thankful in everything for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes 5:18. Otherwise, my attitude quickly slides into backwards thinking. The truth is, we have three precious babies, we live in paradise, we have wonderful friends and family and more than we could ever ask for.
 

We overdid it on the Christmas baking this year. Blake strapped on my apron and then his own and was the most efficient assistant to our cinnamon roll adventure. It takes a whole day to let the dough rise, settle, chill, bake, and then frost, cool, and cover. It's a work of art that I enjoy with all my heart. It's in my blood actually. My family has a deep-rooted history in bakeries. My grandfather's uncle purchased the family bakery from German immigrants in Charleston, SC and I actually was recently contacted to help preserve the bakery property and our family history in Charleston. I have mentioned before that my mom also had a bakery in Knoxville, TN back when I was a kid. So, being raised in that bakery I just have it in me to bake. All. The. Time. Here are a few pictures of my grandfather's uncle who had the bakery in Charleston. I'm just fascinated by the whole story! 


Our sweet little Hal baby was SEVEN months on 12-1. She's just got the sweetest disposition. 
Picking out our Christmas tree that apparently came all the way from North Carolina



No, I didn't bake this one! 
"Outer Space" by Jude


Thanks to miss Aria for the fun toy!



Jude turned 5! We had a little birthday party with friends at a bounce house close by. Jude requested this place and since we all had stomach virus last year and there was no party, this year we went all out. 







My work family went out for a wonderful Christmas dinner in Boca at Chop's. My boss was so kind to provide such a wonderful evening for us. We all pitched in and got him an espresso machine :) 






It seems as though my coworkers loved the wedding cookies I whipped up. :)



I have no idea what this silly song is, haha! Only in South Florida!


laurie was the most energetic and expressive performer. She's always performing! We just smiled at her the whole time. So proud!










As a Christmas present, I made these for my coworkers. MMM!


our wonderful friend and babysitter, Kara
Congrats to Cecelia and Brian! Such a gorgeous bride. The music was pretty good too!



My wonderful evergrace designs sign :)














































Comments

  1. Hello Caroline, I hope you are still active on this blog, I am a resident of Charleston SC and I have come into possession of a Bible that appears to have been owned by the Beckroge family. Please email me when possible so we can talk about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also my email is Mattroth97@gmail.com, fyi I'll take this down once I hear from you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

Fall Afresh On Me

What to Think