Hallie's Birthday

Hallie Reese Herron. 5-1-17, 8:30AM, 19.5 in, 8lbs 5oz

First, it's H A L L I E which rhymes with "Sally." 
While we're at it, Laurie also rhymes with "sorry." NOT Lori like "story." 

-Rant over- 

Meeting my sweet babies for the first time always takes my breath away. I can't help but burst into tears the moment I hear their first cries. There are moments where I think we get a little taste of heaven, a miracle, and May 1, 2017 at 8:30AM was one of them. I am reminded of this verse... how BIG God's love must be for us! 
 We checked in to the same hospital that Laurie Kate was born at 5:30AM here in sunny Florida. Blake and I hardly slept the night before since we were so excited and anxiously anticipating little Hallie's surgery... and little Hallie was practically doing somersaults in my belly! Goodness! I couldn't sleep with those little feet kicking inside me for three hours. She was excited! 

Yes, my third C-section. I'm thankful to be born in this generation because my anatomy just doesn't allow a baby to pass through the normal way! I wasn't as nervous with this surgery as I was with Laurie Kate. I feel like I was able to let go and trust God and it also helped that I really love my current doctor. I am so thankful that have Dr. Fields on this journey. With LK, I was vomiting during the procedure and for the following twelve hours so my prayer was to be able to meet Hallie without being sick at the same time. It worked out just fine and I was able to hold my little (big) girl without turning green! I did get sick about six times or so but it wasn't nearly as bad as before. God is so good!

The whole morning was filled with little God moments. First, this hospital is beautiful and surrounded by the most gigantic palm trees; it's like walking into a resort! Ha! Then, the nurse that prepped me for surgery was the same nurse I had with LK. We were able to hear about how she survived chemotherapy for breast cancer over the past two years and that she was a believer. How awesome it was to sit there and hear her story of triumph and HOPE in the Lord as I was being poked and prodded! As I was listening to her, my contractions were about six minutes apart for about an hour and man, they were getting painful.  Blake and I keep holding hands, breathing, and praying that Hallie would wait! I like to think that she was ready to come out exactly when the surgery was taking place but who knows. 

Also, the anesthesiologist was from Tennessee so we struck up a conversation as they administered my spinal... my least favorite part of the morning. But what are the odds that she would be from a small town close to where I went to college? How cool. Then, there was an anesthesia assistant behind me coaching me through the procedure. This guy eased my nerves by keeping some small talk  going since Blake wasn't allowed in the room for a while. It turns out, he knows a family from our church, his mother-in-law lives in my neighborhood, his son goes to my son's school, his son also has a speech delay, and his wife works across the street from me! SMALL WORLD. So, needless to say
 I was distracted talking it up with this kind fellow as the doctors did their thing... pushing, tugging, pulling, etc. 

Then, I heard that sweet cry! I remember hearing the doctors say, "wow, she's a big baby!" I kept asking what she weighed and had to wait about an hour before anyone could answer me! Jude was 8lbs 9oz, LK was 6lbs 9oz, and Hallie came in at 8lbs 5oz. I never expected her to be that big. AND HER HAIR. Gosh, we love you little girl. I prayed for you to have dark hair and here we are! She's just amazing! She has changed so much already! It's definitely been a challenge having three and having to let go of some of our little routine, let go of some expectations, and control. We have two big kids on our hands and they're doing a great job adjusting for the most part.

As pictured below, my sweet mother and sister-in-law Whitney and little cousin Owen made this all possible. I don't know what we'd do without their help. Thank you again for your kindness, encouragement, and hard work keeping our family alive during this special time!
little grin


she's so swollen, sweet thing. proud daddy!

my mom sent a sweet pink teddy bear and baloons! i can't wait for her to come visit this week!
I was pretty much high for about a day so I don't remember much of the first day but I do remember wanting to hold her so badly but I couldn't stay awake.

Jude and LK LOVE their baby sister. LK is a little rough but she means well, haha! I was so excited for them to meet her finally.



"she's so cuuuute..."
Blake. Thank you. Thank you for being the greatest supportive and loving husband. The only reason I felt like I could make it out of that hospital bed is because I have your support and love. Sitting there during those first long nights when I look over and see you half sleeping/snoring in that terribly uncomfortable and annoyingly squeaky hospital fold out bed just makes me feel like the luckiest woman in the world. ALL the nurses raved over how amazing you were. You really are the best. You changed every first diaper on all three of our kids. You are so proactive and positive and always reminding me to look to Jesus. Thank you for being the head of our family and for holding my hand when I'm being cut open... literally. 
Thanks to Chris for this snapshot!

Hallie loved meeting Grace, Anna, and Jason. We missed Ashley but she finally met her a few days ago!
Hallie also loved meeting Eddie, Leah, Brian, Mistie and Jerel in the hospital. 
Back at the house, Whitney and Granna saved the day keeping Jude and LK, taking them to school, cooking and baking the most delicious foods, and helping us keep up our weekly routine. I don't know what I'd do without these ladies! We really appreciate everything you did for us and for loving our little kiddos. 
cousin time!
Granna and Hallie!


Jude was allowed in my lap and enjoyed a new Bible lift-the-flap book we got for him. I would have loved to hold you, LK but you didn't quite understand how to not sit on mommy's boo boo. 
The kids LOVED opening some presents from their awesome babysitter, Kara. We also got them little watches and books. :) Gotta make them feel special.

we couldn't wait to get home and sleep in our own beds... or at least try to sleep. we've forgotten how crazy the first months are with newborns but it's all worth it
fun times with Granna back at the house
My first doctor's appointment. They told us you had no jaundice and to come back in a month. What a relief! Oh, and somehow you grew an inch in four days. 



oh we just love you little one!
enjoying the sunshine!
Jude's robot!
Little sister, you are loved and a gift from the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me