The Huntoons!


Meet the Huntoons! They have such a great last name, don't they? I am related to these beautiful people through my husband; Michelle is Blake's aunt! It has been such a joy to get to know them on our many visits to East Tennessee! I had so much fun taking my first session of family photos for an "adult family!" I was joking with them that it is nice to not have to make goofy noises in attempts to get them to smile haha! I'm used to taking pictures of children or couples but again, this is my first family photo session! I was a little nervous because there were five people to pose and you never know how some people are going to react... these guys were pros! I was so impressed with how flexible they were in the heat, humidity, and many scenery changes! They were so natural, able to enjoy the session, and it was a treat to spend some quality time with them! 

Blake's Mamaw and Papaw joined us at the park too while Blake's mother was strolling around with Jude. It was a special summer night in the hills of Tennessee that I'll never forget. I'll also never forget that poor Blake was in Florida (still is) while I was hanging out with his awesome family (our family). I have received the royal treatment, let me tell you! Blake's Mamaw invited Jude and me over for lunch and there was the most amazing spread of chicken salad, croissants, fresh green beans from their garden, carrots, deviled eggs, cucumbers, and the most delicious chocolate cake. The kind of chocolate cake that sticks to the fork because it's so moist. Mamaw is amazing! 

Back to the pictures... I can't wait to show them to you! I took over 200 photos so I'll spare you the pain of scrolling endlessly and just show you some of my favorites! I had a few goals in mind during this photo-shoot:

1. Capture a few "natural light" photos during this golden hour of sunshine! The term "natural light" refers to a type of picture that captures the sunshine rays/haze filtering the picture. 

2. Capture photos that show the family being themselves 

3. Capture family photos that have personality and multiple textures  

4. Avoid all awkward poses that remind you of boring church directory family portraits :) haha!
i LOVE this picture because Michelle looks so beautiful and... the haze, yay!

Comments

  1. I posted something earlier but it was from my phone and doesn't seem to be here.

    The pictures are lovely! The sunny haze is perfection. Great Job Caroline!

    If you get it twice.... well it deserves it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me