While Waiting On Baby J

Happy Christmas! Happy Thanksgiving! Deck the halls with boughs of holly... I did! Do you like the scrumptious cookies you see above? I had so much fun making those last year! Wow, well we didn't think that I'd still be pregnant five days before my due date; just another reminder that Jude is going to have a mind of his own! I'm grateful to still be feeling so well! I can still sleep, eat, walk, and function like normal mostly.  I'm only having a few Braxton Hicks contractions a day; I'm pretty used to them by now since I've had them for almost my whole pregnancy. Other than that, my feet and hands are extra plump but that's to be expected. I don't know what I'd do without my helpful husband to take off and put on my boots! My mom and sister both had their children all very early so I'll be surprised if I make it to the big day; December 7th. That is five days away, eeek! Yes, most of my prayers are that baby is 6-7lbs instead of a massive chunker! Oh, the waiting game is not fun but we are enjoying some peaceful evenings by our tree with our sweet kitty cat! Peaceful yet strange... it was 71 degrees today! 
39 weeks....waiting on you baby J!
Oh, a praise would be that we showed our house today; hard to believe this is happening! We hope that it went well but at the same time, we want to stay in our home as long as we can before we move to FL! Yes, my nesting brain took over and you better believe there was not one single cat hair in this house! Kelsey and Dwayne also showed their house this weekend so you can pray for that situation too! 
kisses from sweet niece Mallory and Blake. It may be an awkward picture but hey, it's a memory haaha
I must tell you about the deal of the month toooo! My good friend Tina (you'll see her below in this post) took me to Goodwill this Saturday because the first Saturday of every month, everything is half off! We were overwhelmed with good deals! So, I sat down near the children's books with a cute four year old little stranger named Carly for about an hour and found 32 children's books from "Where The Wild Things Are" to Dr. Seuss! I also managed to find a cute Carter's shirt for baby, a cute blanket, movie, and three shirts from LOFT and GAP all for only $42. Woo Hoo!! We had so much fun!

More praises would include the fact that the LORD allowed me to get my braces off earlier than I expected... and my teeth feel amazing! He always has the best plans! Yay! In case you didn't know or remember, I had the pleasure of working for the (BEST) orthodontist who gave me braces for free. I'm not joking when I saw he was the best. If you need proof then I can give it to you but it's not that interesting to a lot of people unless you work with teeth. However, unfortunately the amazing Dr. Cohen and his wife passed away suddenly, I was laid off, and it was very bittersweet thanking a random orthodontist for my new smile. So, thank you to Dr. Gary Cohen and Nancy who are now in the presence of our sweet Jesus! 
This is a picture I took at his 60th two years ago. We miss you guys so much! 
before
after!
Since baby hasn't shown up yet, I was SOOOO excited to be able to go to my friend Emily's baby shower at church!!! Do you see that awesome diaper cake that my friend Jennifer made? WOW! She made our buggy diaper cake for Jude too! I was also able to make some sweets for it since I'm feeling so well. Yay! Emily is our pastor's wife and she is just a BLESSING. I think I've mentioned before how much she's taught Kelsey and I about the Old Testament. On that note, I do not see how someone can be Jewish. Hello?! Foreshadowing everywhere?!?! Jesus is just all over the place. Another blog post for another time but, oh I pray that your eyes may be opened if you do not know Jesus. Just message me if you have questions or something! 

Back to the shower! (mommy brain to blame here) Kelsey and I were able to tackle some Oreo truffles, put a banner together that was all her creation, and I even made cupcakes and this adorable cake below;
Don't you just love it? Aww! It was so simple! You guessed it; donuts, marshmallows, MnMs, Junior Mints, frosting, and of course, home made strawberry cake for a precious little girl that will be named Elise Lynn Mofield! They'll call her Ellie! If you haven't seen this website before then you are missing out! I've made so many different cakes from this website that are fun, easy, and adorable! Here's a few that I've made from the same website;
Wow. Baby is getting so big! Moving along with more random events in the past weeks; this Thanksgiving was different! Obviously, we're pregnant but we weren't able to be with family this year. We missed everyone so much but weren't able to travel due to baby J. Every Thanksgiving my family gathers in Charleston, South Carolina to celebrate with my gracious grandparents. (talk about a magical city, click the link to see last Thanksgiving if you're interested) Blake's family also gathers in Maryville, Tennessee to celebrate. My wonderful dad and step mother did make a trip down here to see us the day before Thanksgiving so we were able to go stuff our faces at good ol' Cracker Barrel! Thankfully, we Skyped and Face Timed with our families and were able to feel like we were a part of the holiday for a few minutes! We did enjoy spending Thanksgiving with our lovely friends though! Cory and Tina (in the middle) invited us over for Thanksgiving so we gladly accepted their offer. We even met some new friends named Sarah and Chase! 
The spread did not disappoint! Do you see all this food? Yes, I took some acid medicine before attempting to eat all of this. I gladly made some turtle brownies, (click for recipe and pictures) my Nana's macaroni casserole, and some home made chex mix. YUM. Have you ever made homemade chex mix? Go ahead and double the seasonings when you make it and do it in the oven so your house will smell extra festive! I never follow the ingredient list either; I use corn chex, rice chex, cheese-its, cheerios, pretzel sticks, and peanuts. Blake absolutely went crazy over this simple snack so I've actually made two batches because you end up with a lot of leftover materials! Plus, you must share it with friends and it goes fast! 
We got our tree, yay! I'm so thankful that Blake and Lolly cat enjoy having a real tree! I was one smart momma and followed the Kroger commercial's instructions and bought a gift card for our tree, used it like cash, and SAVED ON FUEL. The song makes so much sense, we bought a few other gift cards to cover this Christmas and we only paid $2.30 for gas tonight. We also figured out that we need to go to get gas at the same time to save more money! Marvelous! Thank you Jesus!
A little ornament that we can't wait to fill in with baby Jude's picture!
As promised, the record player that has already seen some good use this year! 
Some garland that I made from our tree trimmings, some berries from a bush in our yard, and some pine cones that I found outside too. Yay for free decor! Jude has a stocking ready for him and it even includes a sweet little gift from cousin Parker! OH, come on baby! We're ready for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me