From The Hills Of Maryville To The Rooftops Of Charleston


I hope you had a good Thanksgiving holiday! From Maryville, TN to Charleston, SC we traveled! Our first stop was to see Blake's Mom and Lonas in Maryville, TN so we could celebrate with Lonas's two daughters. Then, we also ate with Blake's grandparents on Thanksgiving day. Blake's grandmother and cousins did such a beautiful job decorating the table with special folded napkins. Aren't they pretty? We enjoyed spending some quality time with Blake's family and even made a surprise visit on our way home from Charleston, SC to Blake's home church in Alcoa. It was such a treat to see so many friendly faces! 
When we visit Charleston, my four sisters, three brother in laws, two nephews and niece all stay in a beautiful beach house. It feels like home. My four sisters and I even got to pile up on one bed and talk about the good Lord! We've been going through a devotional-like share time and it was so awesome to recall all the awesome things our Father in heaven has done for us. It's pretty amazing that we all still get along, love each other, and have so many silly memories. I love sitting around laughing more than we talk, explaining about our recent recipe finds, gadgets, coupons, treats, and movies. It was so special!

But, about the cinnamon rolls... I was informed that my Papa requested them this year. But not just any cinnamon rolls... my mom's bakery recipe! In case you didn't see my previous how-to post you can click here. It was definitely a six hour affair but Blake and I had quite an adventure making them! My Papa had three of them in one sitting and even said that since then, he's had an extra pep in his step, a miraculous energy! I knew these cinnamon rolls had magical healing powers!! haha!

Whitney, Blake's Mom, and I got to make this apple tart!!

 Of course, turtle brownies!
 Pumpkin soup, so good!
 Blake's sister! :)
Mamaw's famous chocolate pie!
We made it to Charleston, SC safe and sound and decided to have dessert on the roof top of a hotel! It was so special!! Isn't the view spectacular?
The five sisters and four husbands

 We even had time to play on the beach! 
 silly boys!
so much erosion we had to jump off this cliff from our dock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me