Remembering Dr. Cohen

 In case you didn't know already, we found out on Monday, September 17th that our boss Dr. Gary Cohen, and his wife, Nancy Cohen passed away suddenly in a plane crash. I can't express how grateful I am to have known such an amazing boss, friend, mentor, and man of God. He had such a genuine passion and care for each and every patient. I can't help but hear him as if he were still in the office, traveling from chair to chair, greeting every patient with a loud, "how you doin?" I have enjoyed EVERY DAY that I've worked for him. Once you find a boss with character, morals, a heart for the Lord, and a passion for excellence, you stay put! I can't tell you how much I love my job! I will definitely miss marketing his genius! I'm also very sad that I won't be able to tell him thank you when I get my braces off in about eight weeks! 

 Dr. Cohen was not only a doctor, but a FATHER to thousands of patients. It breaks my heart every day when another patient walks in the door and begins to cry. Some of our patients have known him for ten years or more, he was a huge part of their lives! He was not only making smiles more beautiful, he was building self confidence. He went out of his way to show care beyond "the chair." Every morning we prayed together and he sincerely thanked the Lord for the "ability to make such a positive change in people's lives" and that he was "able to fix what people bring to him." He did everything with excellence and love and the Lord truly blessed him with the talent of perfecting smiles! I know that if he were still with us, he would be asking you if you know the great physician, the great healer, the one who gave His life for you; Jesus Christ. I know they are in heaven rejoicing and in full communion with Jesus. So thankful for their lives as a testimony to Christ.

a picture i took at his 60th birthday party 

5k we ran/walked the weekend before his accident 
As for the remaining team, we are taking each day as it comes... one day at a time. We all really MISS HIM! No other orthodontist will be able to take his place but at the same time, we have to find someone to take over our practice. Right now, we are working with volunteer orthodontists and his family is in the process of finding someone to purchase the practice. Not easy. I'm not sure how it will all work out but I know that God has a plan.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me