Nesting


Let the nesting begin! We have been so thrilled to be able to start putting the baby room together! Thanks to Blake's workmanship and our wonderful Leigh Ann and Lonas, we now have an assembled crib and changing table for little baby boy! 

little kitty is not allowed in baby's room
i was a super tool holder!


the changing table was a lot harder to assemble than the crib!


Thanks to the wonderful world of Pinterest I have been able to successfully organize many creative ideas for our little baby boy nursery!! I definitely do not want to get carried away but I LOVE making little creative projects.
 
Our crib!! Room idea #1
our crib :) also, we are probably going to paint the nursery this color! I'll be hanging some lanterns too!
We are SO thankful that Blake's amazing momma,"Granna," will be making the baby bedding for us! It makes me kind of sad that sewing is a dying art but it's so cool that we'll have a little masterpiece to share with our family. She is so talented and I know that whatever she makes will be perfect! I thought it would be easier to pick out baby bedding but I guess I'm pretty plain! Instead of crazy animated figures, sports, or cars... I just chose little boats and some pretty fabrics! I just want the room to at least look peaceful haha I know it may not be too peaceful for a while. Who knows!? Here are the amazing fabrics!!!

the additional fabric that we have ordered






we're also using this awesome geometric gray!
we had such a fun time putting together ideas for the blanket/bedding! Last weekend in East Tennessee, we were able to get together while Blake was a part of a wedding party. I even got to see my Mom and Step Dad for lunch! 
It takes patience, persistence, and accuracy! I was so impressed by her skills!
now, we just need the missing yellow
I don't know if this is completely true but I've heard that babies prefer to look at contrasting colors and geometric shapes rather than obscure figures and pastels. Even though gray and yellow may be pastels,  at least they're geometric! Here's a little article I found on this too! It helps with brain development so... woo hoo! I'm so excited! 

I have this exact 45 record and may just have to put it in a little shadowbox! 
One detail that is pretty much official is the baby name... we're thinking Jude! Jude came to mind before we knew we were having a boy, was brought up in scripture twice after that, means faithful provider, and is just plain cute. You can't misspell it (unless you're crazy) and you can't mispronounce it. Also, Jude Law is not so bad looking either; he's the only famous Jude I can think of other than "Hey Jude"! Did you know Jude was Paul McCartney's son? He wrote the song to Jude while he was going through a divorce. Sad. We won't talk about that. ahha.
I can't wait to make some letters like this for the nursery!!

Comments

  1. love the nursery colors and name! I know Jude is going to be so loved :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me