My Favorite Bruschetta

Simple. Easy. Delicious. I'm not a big tomato person but when they're cut into small cubes like salsa tomatoes... I can handle it. Or fried, or in sauce haha. I guess baby Herron just wanted some sweet maters! I love making bruschetta because it's easy, always works, and is pretty healthy! Here's a guideline to use if you want to make it but I just do dabs of this and that. Bruschetta makes the PERFECT appetizer, a side to pasta, it's cheap, and it makes your house smell yummy! I used to make it all the time in college! Way back when :).

 FIRST... don't spend all day trying to decide what kind of bread to use. Kroger will slice some french bread for you but let me go ahead and tell you... PANERA! Duh! I got one of their french baguettes because they are delicious and happen to be the perfect consistency!! Toast the bread until barely golden. 450 degrees or so. You could also use some sweet peppers on bruschetta too!
 I use roma tomatoes! 
This is the cool part! Parboil your tomatoes for one minute so you can easily get the skins off. boil some water, remove from stove, place tomatoes in for one minute, done!
 the skins come right off, it's pretty cool! 
 I like to chop them up really small and add some basil pesto with pine nuts, salt, pepper, a couple cloves of garlic, and a couple splashes of balsamic vinegar. YUM. 
 I prefer to layer my bread with pesto sauce instead of just olive oil. You can find a jar of pesto at Kroger and it lasts forever. It's good on sandwiches, pasta, pretty much anything. So, pesto, tomatoes, then some shaved parmesan. you can use mozzarella cheese too! the trick is, depending on how you like your bread, don't put the juicy tomatoes on until you're ready to serve because the bread will get too soggy! it tastes so good you don't have to worry though. YUM. I can't wait to make it again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me