Big Love

Happy Birthday Parker! Well hello friends! I apologize for the lack of posting lately. We've never been homeowners before and we've become preoccupied with sorting, decorating, celebrating, and spending time with family!

So, about this monkey cake; yesterday we celebrated my sweet little nephew's birthday. Two years ago I had made him this cute monkey cake and sure enough, he asked for it again. Thanks to the link below I've found all sorts of fun ideas. See for yourself! http://www.parenting.com/article/how-to-make-a-monkey-cake

I can't just tell you about yesterday though; this past weekend was amazing! Sadly, I didn't take very many pictures but I was able to spend a lot more quality time with friends and family since I wasn't strapped to a camera. Blake and I packed up the car and headed home for a quick trip to Alcoa, TN. I always enjoy those three hour trips home because we always have quality conversation with a quality soundtrack in the background! Blake's sister flew all the way in from Colorado so the whole Herron/White/Young family got together under a tiki tourch lit evening. Blake's mom put together an amazing night! There were two gallons of  homemade ice cream, mini sandwiches, Chick-Fil-A nuggets, and two special little doggies running around our feet. Yes, one of those sweet summer nights...Whitney was SO surprised!! I can still feel the love all around me from the hugs, kisses, and laughs; a night to remember indeed!  After sleeping in on Saturday we had the privilege of singing at Billy and Andie's wedding!! We got to see some of our sweet old friends from Murfreesboro! 

We're so thankful for the many quality relationships that the Lord has blessed us with. Our families...they're amazing! The real in-your-face love that they show us, their servant hearts, and their passion for God's word. They truly live for our Lord. We also look back at our college ministry and just thank God for the fun, fellowship, discipleship, and just LOVE. BIG LOVE. I'm blown away. We don't deserve it. I can't just write all of this without encouraging you to take part in discipleship...the Lord wants us to share our lives with HIM and others! I'm so grateful for the women that God placed in my life (and is still placing) that have shown me how to grow up in His love...not to mention an amazing group of youth girls who also help humble me...they're so awesome! Be his hands and feet. His glory, not ours. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me