Skiiiiing and Chocolate Chip Cookies

 Taking pictures of baked goods just never gets old for me. These cookies will blow Pilsbury out of the water!! However, Nestle cookies are my second favorite so I won't bash them. It's all in the dark brown sugar :) We recently shared these with our good friends as they made the perfect treat on our way to Paoli Peaks in Indiana last weekend. We had the privilege of skiing with the best youth group around! Blake and I had never been skiing together and I'm so grateful that I finally had the chance to show him up! Hah, my mom and step dad always took us skiing growing up...i was that kid that always left those sticky lift tickets on my jacket until the jacket no longer fit. Our youth group would take a ski trip every year as well; nothing around here compares to the slopes in Colorado! We had such a great time!! Nothing like a three hour ride home with no heat. Blake and I just covered our heads with blankets while kels and D were completely covered head to tow in individual sleeping bags...ahaha
Oh, and exciting news: I got a cake order today!! Even though it's from a family member, it's not FOR a family member! My sister's nurse's birthday is on Tuesday so I'll be whipping up my favorite strawberry cake (click and see what i'm talkin bout) and even some chocolate covered strawberries. I can't wait, I even get paid to do what I love! You know what this means? You can order something from me if you ever need it! Thank you for reading my blog friends... it's been so fun to have this little creative outlet with such a non-creative job (is that a word). 

aaaaand back to de cookies...
Ingredients:


  • 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt                                         
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened                             
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • Preheat oven to 350° F. Beat softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add eggs. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and gradually beat. Sometimes you need to add more flour.

THIS IS WHY THIS RECIPE IS SO AWESOME...
For chocolate chip cookies add 2 cups chocolate chips
For peanut butter cookies add 2/3 cup peanut butter w/melted butter
For oatmeal raison cookies add ¾ cup oatmeal and 1 cup raisins
For lemon/almond cookies use 2 cups white sugar and omit brown sugar. Also add 4 or 5 tsp of lemon flavor, 2 tsp of almond, and it may need a little more flour if does is too wet.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Lemon/Almond cookies take 5 or 6 minutes. Dough Works best if refrigerated.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me