Not Your Typical Parmesan Chicken

 Growing up, I was required to contribute to the family by cooking a few times a week. No excuses, meat, veggie, side, bread, set the table, and pour drinks. As you can imagine, I usually threw in a free dessert as well. It all started with the oldest sister of five teaching the younger one. One of my favorite meals to make was Parmesan Chicken. However, I remember the first time I made it I didn't realize that you could actually buy breadcrumbs... yeah... I toasted almost a whole loaf of bread, got out that knife, and scraaaaped away! More like burt toast chicken haha. Needless to say, I'm so grateful for cheap, Kroger brand italian breadcrumbs!!!

Start your angel hair pasta (buy the healthy kind if you can) and either make your favorite red sauce as you see here or pop your favorite tom sauce open.
 EVOO and Garlic...can't go wrong!
 Here's where the fun begins. Make sure your chicken is thawed btw. Use a cup of bread crumbs, 1/2 cup parmesan chz, freshly ground black pepper, red pepper, salt, and a secret ingredient.
(this is the atypical part) instead of bathing your chicken in an egg wash, dip it in lemon juice. YUM
 You got it, next up is that wonderful breading. btw i used chicken slivers, very thin and easy to eat
 medium heat, four minutes on each side (ish)
 oooh it was so yummy. Blake even said it was his favorite chicken that i've made so far. that's a big complement :) dare ya to make it!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me