Showering Hallie Reese

Driving to Mistie's house I started to tear up a bit because I realized that I never anticipated having the majority of these ladies in my life last year. He began a new thing and man, is it good! God has certainly blessed me with some incredible women of faith who have been by my side through this little pregnancy journey. Hallie Reese has been quite content and I'm so thankful that she's happy and healthy but even more, I'm thankful that she's loved and prayed for. 

Sometimes I believe the lies that I'm all alone or that life is too hard. God's truth spoken in His word and spoken by these beautiful ladies lifts me up and plants me back in paths of light. I felt so refreshed and filled with joy at this shower. Thank you again, ladies. 

I was also surprised (below) by my wonderful friends at work! Everyone spent so much time and effort coordinating such special moments to celebrate this new life and I just can't thank you enough. Life is definitely more challenging being pregnant with two amazing kiddos at home but God has carried me though and here we are, a week away! We are so ready! I've got the best family, friends and the most supportive husband ever! :)
Ashley worked so hard on all these special decorations. Aren't they amazing?!

Hallie will (hopefully) enjoy sleeping in our room/closet for quite a while since we don't have a room for her just yet. She will eventually share a room with LK or Jude and LK will stay the nights together. We'll see. Either way, our room sure does look cute with all these new decorations! hah!


the food!!!
Shannon... my mouth is still watering!






ya'll seriously blessed my socks off... I never imagined such a loot!! Hallie will definitely be in style! 


It was a special surprise to have a gift from my mom, my mother-in-law, and even Blake's grandmother who passed away last year. As is tradition, Granna put together a quilt for Hallie! I enjoyed picking out some fabric and she also found some beautiful accent pieces and put in all the labor and love. I just keep looking at the quilt and picturing our sweet little baby all snuggled up in it! I can't wait to meet her!! Thank you for all your love, mommas! 


We had so much fun at work celebrating Hallie! It was the first time I had seen her name printed anywhere and it about made me cry! We had a delicious spread of SoFlo foods such as yuca, plantains, beans and rice, chicken, and flan. OH, the flan was incredible. Not to mention the delicious cake! Andrea went all out and made this huge diaper cake with dollars in it and so many little surprised tucked in and my boss even gave us a Babies R' Us gift card. WHEW. Hallie, you are loved my little one. You are LOVED.

I am just amazed at God's goodness and abundant blessings, graces, and mercies though this pregnancy. He's constantly there reminding me that He loves me, He cares, He will meet our every need, and I can trust HIM. Even without all the bells and whistles, He gave his son for me. For us! I can't imagine giving up my child. I just can't! Lord, thank you for your love. Thank you for making your love so clear, so tangible. 

Thank you for Hallie Reese.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me