March

Life is changing before our eyes! March was full of sunshine, boo boos, and celebrations. Here's March... 
Blake and Laurie Kate have such a special bond. Blake was able to work from home with LK at his side from the time she was about a year old until this past December. They also get to have some extra daddy daughter time together since he picks her up and takes her to school. I'm jealous at times but I'm so grateful that they have such a close relationship. We have our moments together when I get home and on the weekends and they're just as sweet... and spunky!

Saturdays are for our neighborhood park and friends! Grace and Anna have been our buddies for about four years now. We are sooooo thankful to have them as friends. Their mom and dad have been a constant source of encouragement and wisdom to us. 


snuggling with dad
Early morning FL sunshine
just a normal school day

When Jude is out of school, Blake gets to work from home and keep Jude company. This particular day, Jude was on his best behavior so Blake took him out for a treat!





we can't wait to snuggle with Hallie Reese!!!! Thanks, Granna!
Our small group has loved the Multiply curriculum from David Platt and Francis Chan! 
29 weeks with Hallie Reese!

My mom was so kind to send me some of my favorite cookies from a bakery back home. Although I've grown to like the cuban bakeries nearby, nothing beats a good ol' southern cookie! They definitely disappeared quickly in this house!
Enjoying the beautiful fresh flowers at work!
the month wouldn't be complete without LK falling and hurting herself... poor baby! this month she face planted out of this trough. she's ok, luckily! 



We had a blast celebrating Emma's first birthday with our friends! 

Since we have small group at our house, sometimes I still bake! It's rare! My sweet friends usually pitch in a bring some delicious treats but this one above is a family favorite. Here's the recipe. It's super cheap and easy!
When we have band practice, we get to go to Covenant Presbyterian where we used to meet as Desire Church. The kids LOVE the new toys! Jude calls in the "second church" since it's technically the second one we went to down here :)
30 weeks!
Yes, this is our first baby. Lolly cat is going on eight years old. Time flies!
32 weeks


"the park with the sand" Jude's favorite!
little leprechaun 
this year, I had the privilege of baking my first pineapple upside down cake for my boss' birthday. with the help of a cake mix and a good deal of extra ingredients, it was a success! recipe here :) Yes, I used a mix because this pregnant lady has to take a short cut somewhere! 

DATE NIGHT! It's our goal to go out atlas once a month without the kids. Thanks to our sweet friends, the Liesers, we were able to do just that. Cheesecake Factory is always a treat for us and we saw Beauty and The Beast (despite all the drama) and it was fantastic! I think Blake was more excited than I was, hah! Love him!


(courtesy of mister Jason)
33 weeks



I think we eat apples every day... the kids love them and always want to help us in the kitchen. LK is just a little mini me! She makes me smile (and get frustrated at times also) when she constantly pulls up a stool and always wants to help stir and taste everything.
It's rare, but I love taking her to school in the morning when daddy can't. "BYE MOM!" "SEE YA!"






This was in downtown Coral Gables, FL (somewhere around there) while we celebrated our gorgeous neighbor's wedding! These two made such a lovely couple. I've never seen a more beautiful wedding!

Our CIRCLE crew! Pretty sure we live in the best circle!







real life right here... tissues and water...repeat. I'm hoping that I survived my LAST week of fourteen weeks of sickness with this pregnancy. I had every common sickness in the book!!! WHEW! 
I have a lot to share about Autism and our sweet Jude. If you need someone to talk to or someone to listen, you know how to reach me. Jude was diagnosed as "on the spectrum" when he was two and a half. I wish we could've helped him sooner but the help we've received in Florida so far has been incredible. God know exactly where we needed to be! He has taken such great care of us through the joy and struggles. Most people wouldn't even be able to tell that Jude was diagnosed since he's very high functioning but let me tell you, it's been an uphill battle. Jude has come a long way! Here are some symptoms that YOU need to be aware of. Jude simply learns differently and we've had to adjust and help him learn the way that he can. He's brilliant, already reading Dr. Seuss books, and has a huge compassionate heart for others. We are so proud of him (and Laurie Kate's patience). 

If you're at all concerned with your child's development, I encourage you not to be afraid to talk to your doctor and don't be afraid of the "A" word. Ask questions. Some pediatricians are not going to spend enough time on the subject, they might be afraid to discuss Autism with you because of your reaction, or they don't see the same warning signs you do since you're with your child all the time. It's your responsibility to help your baby out! 

It's been a blessing to our family. Who cares about the diagnosis. We all want what is best for our children and usually what is best is NOT easy. Take the high road, swallow your pride, and get your sweet child some help!! I can testify that it's not easy but just like tossing the paci, helping your child sleep through the night, helping your child learn how to eat healthy foods... BE THE PARENT and DO THE RIGHT THING. It all starts with knowing what Autism is, so be informed. (...exiting soap box)














35 weeks

LK's teacher was so proud of her (so were we) when she noticed that she independently matched all the colors with the fish! Love our little sweet girl!

one of the best surprises of the month; seeing good ol' Nate and Lacy from Tennessee!! thanks again for taking the time to come visit us on your vacation!


Finally, I get to tell you about miss Andrea! It was a blast celebrating your birthday this year. I was honored to whip up a special cake for you! This girl is my right hand...woman! We've become so close over the past year and I am so thankful for her friendship. I can say that I actually look forward to going back to work (although it will not be easy) because I have this girl and my awesome coworkers to look forward to. Ya'll have become family! HUGS!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me