November and December

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Years! The past two months have honestly been very challenging! We've been hit with all kinds of sickness in our household! We've been sick since right before Thanksgiving with a flu-like cold, then a stomach bug, then another flu-like cold and hand-foot-and-mouth. I'm still recovering! On top of all that, we've been going through some major changes. I'm pregnant, Blake started an additional job with Ultimate Software and Laurie Kate started school! We are once again blown away by God's faithfulness to provide for our family. I really struggled with how we were going to afford to continue living here and right when we least expected it, Blake was offered the job at Ultimate. Apparently, this company is on the Forbes list and is a pretty awesome place. Blake has loved it! It's hard work but he is amazing and awesome to be able to provide for us in this way! 

We've had so many special times with family and friends but honestly, I've just been so down since I haven't felt well. We are so excited as we finally announced that we've having another baby! We found out it's a precious little girl, we celebrated Jude's fourth birthday (the day after a stomach bug that hit the whole house), we traveled to Tennessee and back, I took a trip to the ER this time (that makes 3/4 of us) and have taken many naps to recover! I need a silent night, some rejuvenation, and some sunshine soon! 
Yes, we were planning on a third! I think we'll have this baby girl and then be done! I thought it would be a girl since I'd had a very queasy first trimester. I was queasy with LK but not with Jude so that made me think it was a girl! Blake and I were so tickled to find out that we were having another baby girl because that means there'll be sisters in our household! Growing up the youngest of five girls, you could say that sisterhood is pretty important to me! Laurie will LOVE taking care of a baby since that's what she does just about all day right now. She loves to sing to the baby, feed it, and toss it around aimlessly. We'll work on that! ha! We have no idea where this baby will sleep, how we will arrange childcare/work situations, or how we will travel home again but God knows and He will take care of us! 
about 14 weeks :)

 ...when you have strange feelings while pregnant, you call your doctor, and he tells you to go to the ER, so I did! I was so upset because after SEVEN hours they told me that I was absolutely fine. I'm thankful that nothing is wrong but after seven hours, you just want some answers! Haha!
 LK and all her buddies at small group 
 daddy snuggles make everyone feel better


 The countdown was on! Jude woke up every morning ready to mark off a day on the calendar to mark the days until we could finally ride the airplane to go to Tennessee to see all our family. We'd all been battling some sort of nasty virus that felt like the flu but we were going to pack our bags and put on our happy faces no matter what! At least we thought. When you're pregnant, you're immune system just doesn't work like it should. For some reason, the virus that I got was waaaaay worse than what the kids and Blake got. I felt like I had the flu! I was so heartbroken, I lost my voice, I felt like I couldn't move, and I hardly had any strength to do anything after dealing with a deep chest cough. I was so disappointed. I was also disappointed after driving all the way to Knoxville to get some cookies at Ham and Goodies only to find that they closed because they were exhausted from all their holiday orders. COME ON! Haha!

 I imagined my Thanksgiving like it should be; hugging everyone, getting to catch up about how life is going, and not being contagious! I'm thankful that we were still able to visit with so many loved ones but when you're sick, you just want to sit in bed at home. I snuck away so many time and just had to cry because I was so disappointed and exhausted. I don't know if the Lord was just trying to teach me a lesson on rest or what, but I had to learn to SIT and do nothing.

We traveled to my dad's house first, then Blake's mother's, then to my mom's. The kids did great and loved sleeping in new beds, trying new foods, and hugging all their cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and playing with all kinds of new toys. We even had a surprise visit from my sisters Amy and Lea Ann and all their sweet children!

 
 We had a very special surprise as we saw my life-long friend, Haley!!!! Congrats to Haley and her fiancé who were recently engaged!




 Sweet cousin Owen!!

 At my mom's house on the lake!




 the cold weather was refreshing for about a day and then we were ready to come home to our sunny and humid Florida haha!













 
Its' been a joy to teach miss Grace how to play the piano (and keyboard) at our house!

just a normal day!
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JUDE!
 JUDE'S BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!! We were so excited to have Granna and Grandad come down to visit and celebrate Jude's birthday. We decided not to do a party this year because Jude really just wanted to go to the Zoo, eat cake, and enjoy some family time. So, we did just that! First, we went to the toy store and pet store to look around! 

I think Jude and LK stayed in these little cars for about 45 minutes! Haha!

Next, we built (or attempted to build) a gingerbread house. The kids had a blast eating all the candy, haha!
 Then, we traveled to the Zoo again and got drenched the WHOLE time! We were pretty frustrated at the end of our trip because the rain just kept getting harder and little Jude and LK were both getting sick. It wasn't long before the stomach bug decided to run though each one of us... ugh!! We enjoyed seeing the animals that didn't mind the rain but next time, we are only going to the Zoo if the forecast is clear and sunny!
poor babies!
On the way home, about 1/3 mile from our house, we saw a bald eagle!!! So, that was cool, haha! 

 another birthday/Christmas request of Jude was to go walk around the neighborhood to see the lights :)
 Jude got a big boy bike for his birthday! woo hoo! 



ending the day playing with big boy Legos with daddy  
a special thank you to everyone who sent Jude a gift this year!

 I searched for the perfect cake design to make for Jude but I asked him what he wanted on his cake and he told me exactly what he wanted... and as ugly as it was... he LOVED it. We were about 24 hours post stomach bug and we got sick again after we ate it but, we enjoyed it a few days later haha! Jude took donuts for his class, we had some pizza, and he had a simple and special day! I'm so thankful that God knew exactly what we needed that weekend. I would have been SO UPSET if we had planned a huge party that would've been cancelled due to the stomach bug we had. We even had homemade chicken soup on the menu that weekend with no idea we'd be getting sick. God is good! 


 One of Jude's favorite gifts was this little couch/sleeping bag! We let him sleep in it that night :)


  1. Thankful for these ladies right here!!!  



 LK loves her new school! So proud of her. She cried for the first two days and then she was fine. So thankful that it's a wonderful Christian program  and a few of her buddies from church go there too!!









 Just about every Saturday, we wake up and have pancakes and walk to the park. Special times!



 precious curls!
 hanging out with Eddie and Leah :)
 Voting was super miserable this election!
 she wants to be just like brother and eat cereal in a big girl bowl!


 Happy Birthday to WHITNEY!




hanging out at church :)
 Just about once a week we go to Chick-Fil-A and chow down on some nuggets!



 Happy Birthday to LOGAN!


 She's always singing in the back seat, so sweet!
 time to pick out the TREE!!!

Gotta bring out the Amy Grant Christmas records!








 somebody loves Lolly cat!

 random pretty FL flowers in December red
 Jude did SO great at his cleaning!!
 LK's first night in her big girl bed!
 preparing for Christmas Eve music service
 LK just loves performing! Her little school threw a Christmas program and she shook some little pom poms to Feliz Navidad and such, haha!




 Christmas EVE!
Getting into trouble for trying to open the presents!!!
 


 One night, we drove by to see our friend's light display and Santa showed up! We were so surprised. We don't really do Santa but when he shows up, you just enjoy it!!



 Our Christmas Even service went so well!







 Opening presents! All these little kids wanted to play with was their Slikies, haha!! 
 Jude went shopping at school for Blake, Laurie Kate, and I. He was so sweet to get me a mug and a pen!


 

 Christmas treats!! Not pictured was the homemade chex mix that the kids and Blake were totally addicted to!












so proud of my boys building baby girl's little dresser!
Happy Birthday to Jesus! Red velvet cupcakes will be our new tradition!




Four year old shots and check up. Little Jude apparently needs to gain some weight. After all this sickness, I'm pretty sure that's what took some pounds off of him. Otherwise, he's healthy! Praises!
21 weeks!
We've got so much to be thankful for! 2017, we are ready for ya! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me