Showering Finley June


After having two boys, introducing a baby girl to your family is extra special. My sweet friend, Katie Elliott is having Finley June sometime this month! My Desire Church family and I threw this girl a shower to celebrate this precious baby's life. There's just something special about gathering with women and celebrating and anticipating new life. You could feel the love in the room.

Isn't Katie beautiful?!?

When I think about our friendship, I think about how God brought us together on this Florida adventure. I think about your bold faith, your determination, how hard you work to provide for your family, and your comforting Tennessee accent. (haha) Neither of us imagined living in Florida, far away from home, away from family, and away from southern cooking. However, here we are. You're stuck with me, haha! We laugh often because Katie bumps into people that tell her that she reminds them of a girl they met who was from Tennessee. After further speculation, Katie finds out that they're referring to me... people think we're sisters! I think we're sisters too. We have the joy of raising our children together, going through Bible studies, planting a church, trading recipes, trading maternity clothes, going shopping, and sharing wisdom. Thank you for listening to me and dealing with all my craziness. Jude wouldn't know what to do without your two boys! You are such a gift. I love you!  

Thank you to everyone who came but specifically Mistie, Sandy, Amber, Ashley, Katie, and Kelsey who brought flowers, made pom poms, brought food, made decorations, and celebrated this sweet baby! Come on Finley!
My friend Ashley Lieser made this awesome paper fan! Here's the inspiration and how-to! Isn't she amazing! (and doesn't Suggs look beautiful?)
I was able to find this awesome, custom made monogram here on Etsy. I slapped some paint on and presto!
We definitely missed having Kelsey Gibbs with us but she was able to make and send this awesome banner to the party! It's so awesome! Thanks Kelsey!
We had a special time of prayer over baby Finley :)
 ... no event at our house would be complete without nursing and getting the guitar out to dance!!
... sneaky Lincoln haha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me