Lose All Their Guilty Stains





  1. There is a fountain filled with blood,
    Drawn from Immanuel’s veins,
    And sinners plunged beneath that flood
    Lose all their guilty stains.
  2. The dying thief rejoiced to see
    That fountain in His day;
    And there have I, though vile as he,
    Washed all my sins away.
  3. Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
    Shall never lose its pow’r,
    Till all the ransomed church of God
    Are safe, to sin no more.
  4. E’er since by faith I saw the stream
    Thy flowing wounds supply,
    Redeeming love has been my theme,
    And shall be till I die.
  5. When this poor, lisping, stamm’ring tongue
    Lies silent in the grave,
    Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
    I’ll sing Thy pow’r to save.

    I woke up with the hymn playing in my heart and mind. Praise the Lord! He washes all our guilty stains away! 

    ...and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. 
    1 Peter 3:21

    Baptism. As followers of Christ, we believe baptism to be a symbol of faith, a representation of Christ's redeeming work. Through Christ's death and resurrection, His grace redeems us, forgives us of our sin, and we get to spend this time on earth communing with Him and eternity as well. Baptism is simply a symbol of this newness of life. If you'd like to know more, here are many verses about baptism. 

    Meet my sister in Christ, Linette Vega. This precious lady works with my husband at Lowe's where she overheard him talking about the Gospel. Small words that gave such life to her soul. The power of God changed her life and she is now free from all her past, present, and future sins! Linette walks with God and pours out His love to those around her. You can see the chains falling! It was a joy to baptize her this morning at church. It's always a joy to see her walk through my front door (early, as usual), to hear her curiosity about the kingdom of God, and to hear her passion and gratitude for redemption. Your spirit shines so brightly for Christ and wakes my numb spirit up to the urgency of eternity! Grace upon grace!

    We also ordained my brother in Christ, Josh Gonzalez. Thank you for loving my family, for giving Jude high-fives and big hugs, and for loving Jesus the way you do. You are a dear friend and a man of God. We continue to pray for you as your ministry unfolds here and elsewhere. 

    I'm moved and humbled to think about the brothers and sisters that God has surrounded us with. Although we are far from our physical family, the kingdom-minded friends that wrap their arms around us give us such hope and peace. God, thank you for the men and women of Desire Church who continue to change my life. Thank you for always having redeeming purposes for your people. God, you are life. Thank you for forgiveness. Thank you for defeating death!


































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me