Four Months With Laurie Kate

Our little Florida girl. Laurie Kate, you should hear what all these South Florida friends say about you. "Her skin is so beautiful and white." "She looks like a doll from Babies R' Us." "Her name sounds like an expensive perfume." "She has the prettiest smile." 

You're pleasantly surprising us with your flexibility and stinky gas! Haha! I mean, feel free to keep the gas up because it will definitely scare away those boys! I'm already praying that you'll be one of those girls who is so loved by her daddy that she won't even be interested in dating. (Please, Lord!) You love your daddy. Every time you hear his voice, your little head turns in expectation. Your eyes get wide and as soon as you see his face, you smile and almost bat your eyelashes. Times like these, I can hear God quietly nudging my heart, "listen to my voice with the same expectancy." God is so good, sister! The Lord is so patient with me through what has been a very full month and a very challenging month. At times, I found myself desperate to hear His voice, to see where He was leading me, and cried out (just like a baby, in fact) to hear from Him. He always answers. 

The best part about the fourth month of your life was getting to see my sister, nephews, niece, brother-in-law, Granna, and Granddad. Living in a vacation town has its perks. I try to make up in hospitality what our sofa bed and air mattress lack. 

You have been contently sleeping in your room for about nine or more hours for a month now. Praise. The. Lord. We can't stop poking at your sweet chunky cheeks and counting the rolls on your arms and legs. You love to talk, squeal, and even giggle sometimes. We love hearing your sweet expressions of joy... and yes, you cry. You wake up from your nap with a bang! "I'M HUNGRY!" Jude loves to give you kisses and hugs all on his own initiative. I love seeing glimpses of his protective love for you. You love to grab my hand, shake your toys, play with my hair, and tickle my nose while you nurse.(not to mention; eat, play, sleep, poop, repeat) Our bond is growing stronger as you develop and communicate in new ways each month. I love getting to know you more! Your smile is contagious. Your eyes are more blue everyday. Your cheeks are perfectly kissable.  

Most of our days are spent crouched over, nursing, in the rocker. It takes a lot of self discipline to be thankful for this phase while feeling overweight, and at times overwhelmed. I have to remember the truth, that my weight doesn't define me. We exercise together almost every day, try to eat right, and pray for patience.  
So quickly, I become consumed with my appearance. Idols demand to be worshipped. Nursing will end. Each day is a gift. You're only a baby once. However, the most comforting truth is that Jesus has forgiven me, He cares, He died for me, He has redeeming purposes for my life. God, you are worthy of praise. Forgive me when my pride keeps me from looking outside myself, my insecurities, and my vain concerns. Jesus' love is the only constant, my hope, my joy, and my peace. Nursing is the best thing for you and if I have to sacrifice my figure for a while, it's worth the lesson in sacrifice. If we aren't sacrificing, we are missing out on life. Jesus sacrificed everything for us. Nursing makes me so hungry. I'm hungry all the time. And it's not just my stomach, it's my heart and soul. Sometimes I still act like a little baby, not trusting God to provide all that I need.

Thank you, Laurie Kate, for urging me to trust and rest in the fact that God is the bread of life and living water. (scooting the plate of cookies away, haha)

Thus begins the mother-load of memories from this busy month... 
We are so fascinated by the way you and your brother rest. We can't get enough of your sweet peaceful faces. 
We listen to the sermon together on Sunday :)
Granna made this playful car/truck/bus pillowcase for mister Jude. Jude is fascinated with anything that has wheels on it, so it's very fitting.
After five years, I decided to get some new glasses. Now, we both look hipster... or just goofy.
Daddy went deep sea fishing for the second time! A large group of friends went together and unfortunately, most of them ended up with their face towards the water the whole time. SICK. VERY SICK. :(

We celebrated Granna's birthday with a Sanderson bakery favorite, Chocolate Bar Cake. Here's the recipe from my previous blog a few years ago. 
sweet snuggles!
Some delicious bruschetta, parmesan chicken with spinach, goat cheese, and balsamic vinegar, and some kale slaw all in celebration of Granna!
Cousin time! Maybe the baked oatmeal wasn't a favorite haha
The boys went on a special adventure!
They even got to go to church with us! 


Thank you for coming ALL THE WAY down here to visit us!


Jude's new friend, Hailey. We just love you, girl!
Piano time with Mimi!
We had a blast celebrating Linette's birthday! It was so bittersweet to end our women's Bible study this month. :(
It's officially summer so, I made a strawberry cake for the ladies :)
Florida just gets more beautiful each day! (Praying for no hurricanes, haha!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me