Fondant Hair Bows



I miss baking my heart out! It's a great escape you know?! I just love the semi-predictability of mixing ingredients to get a great result! Right now, there are not too many things in my life that I can control especially since our house is for sale and we hope to move to Florida sometime soon. (another blog post to follow on this madness) Of course, only God is in control but I think you know what I mean here!

I just wanted to share this quick and easy idea with you! Blake's mom asked me to help her make some fondant hair bows for her granddaughter's birthday party. We found a simple tutorial online and whipped these little bows up after many failed attempts haha. It's not rocket science but it does take a few tries to figure out how to get the right size, thickness, etc. She was making them for these adorable Minnie Mouse cupcakes below. Aren't they just too cute? So simple and beautiful! She did a great job! 
So, after we experimented with the original bows, she graciously sent me home with some leftover red fondant. Little did I know, I would be using it shortly after. My little adorable niece Mallory just turned three years old and asked me to make her some strawberry cupcakes. I was a little heartbroken honestly, because this would be the last birthday that I'm close enough to make her birthday cake; not to mention my nephews as well! After I moved past that emotional moment, I started brainstorming! SHE LOVES HAIR BOWS... PERFECT! I originally wanted to make some Hello Kitty cupcakes buuuuut I couldn't find a cute enough idea online thad didn't require purchasing an expensive cookie cutter. 

In case you were wondering, the bows look extra glossy because they absorbed some of the moisture from the frosting overnight. I wish I had taken pictures to show you how to make them but here is a link that will help you:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me