Pumpkin Pie, Oreo Cheesecake, and Oreo Truffles



Hello again lovely friends! It's been a great weekend so far! We had the chance to meet with Blake's family for an early celebration of his birthday that happens to be on the same day as his Papaw's! Oh what a blessing it is to be able to see family! I love them so much! You may find it ironic what I'm about to share with you but I HAVE to tell you about this book!

At work, I'm very fortunate to have some pretty amazing women to share the work week with. I LOVE MY JOB! We decided to all read this book together about, as you see on the cover, "satisfying your deepest desire with GOD, not food." IT IS SO GOOD. See, I think we all at times can preoccupy our minds with food too much... hello, America is pretty screwed up when it comes to nutrition! If you have no idea what I'm talking about then your homework is to watch Jamie Oliver's show, "Food Revolution." CLICK HERE

 Maybe you don't have this problem, but I certainly do. With our upcoming trip to Panama, the new year, and with this book in mind, over the past month Blake and I have only eaten one serving of sweets a day; there have been results! (and my wonderful husband got me a treadmill that I LOVE, mmmwa!) More than just weight loss, I'm learning to love the Lord with all our heart, strength, soul, mind, and body. Sounds crazy doesn't it? Do we we really think about food all day? Sometimes I do, not afraid to admit it! Plus, Lysa Terkeurst is incredible and, she's the president of Proverbs 31 Ministries. I've met a speaker from this ministry and LOVE their heart for women. You can hear segments from Proverbs 31 on Moody Radio; 91.7 FM ( in middle Tennessee at least).

So, before you see all these lovely pictures of food... guard your eyes and hearts with prayer!! Haha! Everything in moderation. I wanted to share a few sweets that I experimented with over Thanksgiving and Christmas for family and friends. I'm sure you haven't forgotten about lovely Oreo Truffles! I had the pleasure of making those (up above) for my sweet friend Shelley's birthday! She is back in Texas now at seminary but it was so special to spend some time with her over the break. She is a treasure! ( if you marry a Texas man then I don't know what I'm going to do with myself) 

And then, there's Oreo Cheesecake; it's simple! Make your momma's best cheesecake recipe, add powdered Oreos and cream cheese to the top, then sprinkle with some white chocolate! (it's basically a giant Oreo ball)
Then, there's butter...

I made my frist homemade pie crust!! In honor of Christmas, I made two pumpkin pies! One for a friend and one for my family. It was by far, the biggest challenge that I've endured so far. I don't think I'll be making my own crust ever again but it did taste ideal for such a pie. I'm sure Pillsbury would work too.
Mix together the essentials, yams, pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, sugar, maple syrup, and a few other things. Get ready your liquid ingredients too.

i'd say i pinched pretty well!
you have to layer the crust with aluminum foil and pennies to keep the bubbles away...or poke with a fork

after i added the cream, eggs, milk, vanilla, etc
This baby was gooood... with a little cream cheese frosting, whipped cream, and a tall glass of milk and coffee. Unfortunately, I only enjoyed one small sliver but, it's the price I pay for making sweets on a regular basis! Oh, it was so much fun! Have a great week. Walk with the king.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me