Switzerland - Portugal - December 2019

This year was full of incredible community, answers to prayer, round 3 of counseling, disappointments and anxiety. I’m a big believer in counseling. This year of counseling was not pertaining to our marriage but our marriage is experiencing some beautiful fruit. 

It's all the Spirit's work. 

Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16, ESV).  

Repentance. Forgiveness. Rest. Sabbath. Truth. All words that come to mind for 2019 that I felt my heart seeking. I've never felt more encouraged, loved, confused, and strong at the same time. We have no idea what 2020 holds. Not a clue. I'll just have to keep singing a new song! (Psalm 96) 

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1, ESV) 

Experiencing Jesus as my peace, rest, justice, and joy! Scandalous grace and generosity overflowing from God’s goodness.

When I look at the growth we experienced in 2019, it's miraculous. 

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. (James 1:17, ESV)

What I'm most thankful for is perspective. Some years you learn more about your spouse under peace and some more under pressure. I see Blake more clearly than ever. It’s beautiful. It's beautiful because it is from JESUS.

But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed. (2 Corinthians 4:7-9, ESV) 

Blake is incredibly loyal and faithful. He’s full of integrity, self discipline, and admits his shortcomings to me on a regular basis. He is not easily angered. He consults with his mentors and our counselor regularly. He is forgiving and usually the first one to apologize. He doesn’t act out of emotion yet he is able to emote and connect with such a pure and gentle heart. In Christ. Grace abounds. He gives me the benefit of the doubt, seeks peace, and offers grace. He is usually discipling multiple people at a time and LOVES it. 

He is always going to point it back to the Gospel. Everything. All because of Jesus. He is brave and embraces conflict and steps into deep waters to save a friend from harm. He's also good at losing a gallbladder, his wallet, and 35 pounds. He is the Father to my children I prayed for. (Biggest fan over here) 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23, ESV)

Blake is also willing to step away and take a leap of faith when God calls him. I couldn’t be more proud of him. 

That’s where we find ourselves in Switzerland. A much needed pause as we seek the Lord for what’s “next.”  We have no plans but God sure does!

How can we be faithful, Lord? 

A large group of friends (some anonymous) graciously and so generously sent us on a trip to Europe. They (and our amazing family) took care of everything. Our kids, cat, food, lodging, etc. I can’t comprehend it. I know I don’t deserve it. A sabbath we couldn’t have imagined. I don’t have the words to express my gratitude or the adventure! We were even able to visit two dear friends who are also in ministry; one in Geneva and the other in Portugal. 

God opened our eyes to the global church and prompted us to take a close look at our hearts and His grace. My heart keeps coming back to the fact that life can’t be about me, my plans, my highs and lows, successes, or failures. It has to be for His glory. 
Golden Pass to Geneva

Heres's a few glimpses. Sometimes a passage just hits me between the eyes. On our trip, it was Psalm 23.

The Lord is my shepherd
The food our host gave us since everything was closed


I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside still waters
Haley, my dear friend of almost 30 years
He restores my soul

 He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.
Murren

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
Reservation only... except us! God is good. So is fondue.

You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Hodge, our friend who started a house church in Portugal. Not pictured are his three children and lovely wife, Tiffany.





Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord

    

forever. 
(Psalm 23, ESV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

Fall Afresh On Me

What to Think