Three Months With Laurie Kate


You've started to acquire quite the list of nicknames, Laurie Kate. First, there's "LK," then there's "baby sister," "sister,""kicky baby,""sweet thing," and my personal favorite, "little one." You're our little one!

We cleaned out all those itty bitty newborn clothes and freshened up that wardrobe with the next size.; it's always bittersweet. Sometimes I feel like weeping over it but I just don't have time for that drama...haha! H-O-R-M-O-N-E-S. Mostly, I'm thankful that you're healthy and I sincerely look forward to the day you can play more actively with mister Jude. I have to remind myself to soak you up, just as you are. 
Small. Squishy. Sweet. Each day is a gift. 

You have the sweetest amount of chunk and we can't stop kissing and snuggling with you. Thanks to "Baby Wise," this house is back to a normal sleeping routine! It may be controversial these days but I like how the book states it; we are "giving you the gift of sleep." AMEN. Plus, mommy and daddy need time together, having a schedule is healthy for everyone, and you don't need endless amounts of milk! (you've got some serious rolls) You sleep around seven to eight hours a night and we couldn't be more thankful. You like to drool a little bit, blow bubbles, turn your head around, talk, play on the play mat, sit in the Bumbo chair, suck on your hands, smile, and you do a sort of giggle that is just the cutest thing. You have finally gotten used to going on walks with us, yay! You embrace the soothing stroller ride! Jude has warmed up to you lately, too. He will walk up to you randomly and give you hugs, try to sit on you (we're trying to explain to him that you don't like that), and gives you the loudest kisses. You've spent half an evening in your room but then you caught your brother's cold which makes it difficult for you to breathe. Soooo... we'll move you in your big girl room once your little nose clears up. Soon!

Again, I must tell you about your brother Jude. He's done quite well lately on a "no snack" policy. See, he doesn't like to eat a variety of foods lately (he's crazy...I wish I had that problem). So, we laid down the law and put all the snacks awaaaay. This is difficult for mommy because (I'm a milk machine) I need snacks! Haha! However, he has tried so many new foods at dinner now that all the snacks are gone. Yay! I think you and Jude are teaching me a thing or two. You see, I like to snack. I like to consume things that aren't healthy for my heart, my spirit, ooooor my body sometimes. I need the meal.  I need God's word. I snack on Facebook, on clothes, food, exercise (a good thing but a bad savior), friends (again, good but not a savior), and even you sweet children. Nothing will satisfy my inner-most longings except our heavenly father. I'm reminded by His words in the 84th Psalm that my soul longs for Him. I've been feeling a lot of longing lately. We live 900 miles from home. I long to see my family, to lose this stinkin' baby weight (that refuses to budge despite diet and exercise), to put away the maternity clothes, to sleep on my stomach, to feel strong again, to have more time with my husband, to feel at rest, but mostly I long for Jesus. He is the only source of peace, grace contentment, forgiveness, and rest. I am praying that one day you'll know Him. We're going to make you learn like a bazillion Bible verses until that day soooo just get used to it, little lady! 
For example, check out this CD my friend Emily Mofield sent me that has so many catchy Bible verse tunes! 
It is a great privilege and honor to teach you and Jude God's word. I've been so excited because Jude is finally at the age where he is interested and wants to read the kid's Jesus Storybook Bible. Yay!!! Plus, I think we all need to relearn the Bible in the eyes of a child, don't we!

There' are videos down there... check it out! :)

you'll have to excuse my silly mommy voice!




We looooove daddy!
Your first kiss and snuggle initiated by Jude!
silly faces haha
yes, two sleeping hazards are next to you. woops! 
you love miss Leah!
ALL DAY LONG this kid spells his naaame... so cute
I couldn't find your silly brother and then all of a sudden his head pops up!
putting together the awesome double stroller that Granna sent us! Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me