Two Months With Laurie Kate

Two months! Little girl, it's been a joy to get to know you and boy, it's hard work being a mother of two. I try to talk to you as much as I can about girl things. Then, I face the reality that you're not interested in accessorizing, baking, or hair bows yet. One day, we are going to bake together and all my dreams will come true! Haha! As for now, you and I seem to whiz through the days nursing, cooing, and let's face it... tackling Jude. I can't tell you about the past two months without mentioning your big brother. He has turned into a wild, unpredictable two year old. I'm so sorry that his whining and fits of rage are the background track to most of your day. There's about ten minutes of intense chaos to every hour or so. Don't worry, I'm reading James Dobson's "Strong-Willed Child" thanks to my sweet mom who sent it to me. Maybe I'll get some tips to help us tame your brother. He just doesn't like splitting me with you. I try to snuggle you and him as equally as I can. "Snuggle" is his new word of the week... seems fitting to the current drama! I'd love to spend the day singing to you, talking to you in my silly and high-pitched baby momma voice, and letting you stare at those black and white baby pictures... but that's just not reality. And that's ok. 

You get a more experienced momma than Jude did.  Not necessarily smarter, but more experienced. Haha. I know that you're going to be ok if you have a wet diaper on for more than two seconds. I know that you're going to be ok if you cry, aren't being held, if you skip a night feeding, and that you can't die from thrush. You see, I pray for patience and trust just about all day long. I can't put my hope in my circumstances, and most certainly not in how my day goes. Jesus is my only constant. Jesus, and breastmilk. Ok, and my sweet, amazing husband. Haha. Praises! 

Your daddy and I are also learning that we are parents of not one, but two, precious children. That means that we can no longer act like crazy-heads and fill up our calendar with events every night. Thus, begins a new season of adulthood where we may find ourselves less social. I'm learning to be ok with this because you two are our ministry. Our marriage is also our ministry. Yes, we will leave you with a babysitter to go on a date every now and then... and even more so after I'm done with this milk business. Whew. It's increasingly difficult to manage our time wisely so please forgive us while we figure this out. I don't know if we'll every figure it out, but we're trying. We are social people and we have too many hobbies. So, we are asking the Holy Spirit to show us where to give, where to receive, where to serve, and how to rest. He is so faithful to guide us. This means more kisses for you, Jude, and daddy! That's good for everybody! 

You are sleeping about five or six hours at night (thank you little lady) and taking consistent naps during the day. We've worked out a feeding schedule that makes the day somewhat predictable. You sure do love to eat, all ELEVEN pounds of you! You were right in the 50% for most of your stats at the doctor. You like the bouncy seat in the morning and after your dinner feeding, the play-mat has interested you recently, and you love looking around with those gorgeous blues. You and I both think your daddy is the coolest ever and Jude has started to enjoy saying "sister" often. You enjoy when all mommy's friends come over for the women's Bible study on Mondays! It's so nice to share your sweet, chunky self. 

I am so thankful to feel physically better so, we've been walking almost every day for about two miles. Though I don't expect to lose much (or any) weight while nursing, it's such a treat to get out of the house and get my body moving again! I really battle with losing weight while nursing but for some of us mommies, the weight doesn't budge until after nursing is finished. That's the truth. I try to be thankful for the ability to feed you, and not have to spend a million bucks on formula, but some days I get really defeated. One day at a time. I know that I won't be nursing forever and I'll look back on these days with such fondness. Lord, help me! I've been making some healthy and filling recipes that I can't wait to share... and at the same time I'll scarf down a sinful amount of homemade lemon cookies. The struggle is real! I pray that you don't get my sweet tooth. 

You are a gift. You're teaching me to love sacrificially all over again; I need all the help I can get.  I pray that I can teach you about who God says you are because His love makes a world of difference. Until you can comprehend words, I'll just keep praying... and making mistakes that will one day point you to Jesus...and taking a million pictures of you...
Aunt Amy made that sweet egg headband for your cousin Elise and now you get to wear it :)


This year, Jude knew what the word "candy" meant :)
Thank you miss Isabelle, for the beautiful Easter dress and Mili for the bow.
Jude came in the room while we were taking photos of you and he decided to pose for the camera. Isn't he handsome?
Just in case you wanted to know what was in our back yard this month!

Thank you to Andy and Lisa for the beautiful matching outfits! We have the sweetest friends.
 Jude enjoyed meeting some new friends at the park 
 trying to keep brother busy while you eat!
 Jude loves to play with the water 
Your first day at church, yay! Whew, it was crazy but we did it.

 Thank you miss Kim Snoderly for the beautiful burp cloths you made for LK.
 We had a blast but it'll be a while before we tackle the beach again. Whew!
Miss Blanca and Ephrian were soooo excited to finally meet you. They're the best. Thank you for the adorable clothes, too!
I think you'll be able to sing all the "Thomas The Train" songs before you're three months...
 No, you do not ride around town unbuckled. You like to fall asleep in the car and mommy likes to keep you asleep and bring you inside :)
 
 
Thank you, Granna for the beautiful block. It has so many sweet details on each side.
Your big brother is very patient sometimes while we feed :)
You see what's happening here? Jude's trying to scare you with his T-rex... haha! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me