One Month With Laurie Kate

One month! We did it! First, let me remind you that this is how the majority of the pictures look from our little photo session, baby girl. You're feisty! 
Little girl. I still can't believe that I get to utter those words. You're ours and we love you so much. You smell like heaven mixed with milk, poopy diapers, and Dreft...haha! Wow, life has changed since you arrived. Jude isn't so sure about you but he's warming up to your big blue eyes. We try to talk to him with a pretend voice from you and he thinks it's hilarious. He likes to come up to you and pat your head or hit you in the head with books. Sorry. I hope you're as passionate about books as he is. Jude also likes to count your toes and sometimes he will put his head next to yours as a mini hug... but it's rare! Daddy just looooves to snuggle with you. He is doing such a great job taking care of you, brother, and me after my C-section. You are lucky to have such an amazing father.

Although we aren't getting much sleep, I won't regret sitting down and making a few notes about our first month together. I'm still learning how to match bows with outfits. I'm also learning that bows with the elastic band make a nice mark on your head. Poor baby. I feel bad for you so, you don't really wear bows much. Plus, we're home a lot so, who cares? I admit, your onesie doesn't get buttoned most days because it's little crazy in this house. Your umbilical cord just fell off yesterday; we definitely celebrated! See, I'm also still learning how to tackle the day with two precious kiddos, to not sweat the small stuff, that girls wet diapers differently than boys, and that each day brings a new set of blessings and challenges. We are still getting to know each other, aren't we? The best part about having you in the family is that you like to cuddle... oh, and the color pink! 

You like to eat every three hours, sometimes sooner, so we are both pretty delirious. Your brother slept through the night at nine weeks, so that's our goal with you as well. It's coming, haha! You weighed 9.06 pounds and were 21 inches at your appointment this Saturday although, you were almost five weeks. It makes me feel so accomplished that you're gaining weight because man, breastfeeding sure isn't easy. I'm thankful that I can feed you! I'm overwhelmed sometimes because I just want to sit and soak up every detail of you but with Jude needing attention as well, it's different this time around. I am blessed to have you both but it has definitely been a challenge to find rest, strength, and a new routine. I'm tempted to have a great attitude when a day goes well, and a rotten attitude when days are tough but I have to remember to keep my eyes on Jesus... and not cookies. Oh, and chocolate. (I need your prayers haha) Breastfeeding makes you hungry, shoo! I have to remind myself to laugh at spilled milk, pray for patience, pray for self control, pray to be ok with not having control over the day, to praise the One who is in control, to treasure the day or two that I have clean hair that's not in a tangly bun, and remember to count my blessings. Each day is a gift! I try to take each day as it comes, one day at a time. We do just fine! I wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

You and this baby wrap are best friends. Brother keeps us on our feet, up and down and all around the house. We journey to the playground often, stopping to discover leaves, rocks, and jumping over the sidewalk cracks. Soon enough, you'll be picking flowers. Oh, and Jude asks (demands and physically pulls us over to his table) us to sit and write his name (over and over). I think you'll be able to spell his name before yours because that's all we hear all day, "J-U-D-E." Plus, your name is a bazillion letters, sorry. You're mostly awake in the morning and late evening so we get to see your sweet eyes sparkle and a few sweet grins. You enjoy tummy time and like to talk whenever you're on your tummy! Since I had a C-section I wasn't able to take you very many places but we've had so many awesome visitors come over to bring us dinner and to hang out. 

I don't know what we'd do without the many meals from our sweet friends at Desire Church, our neighbors, and friends from other churches and Lowe's. We were overwhelmed by so many delicious meals, desserts, and gifts! I hope you enjoyed the food too. God is so faithful to meet all of our needs. I just can't tell you how well our Father has taken care of us. Thank you Lord! 
I think you look a little like your brother :)
Your blanket was made by Granna and your giraffe is from Mimi :)
Again, you and your brother are so similar!
I can't believe you're eyes are so blue already!
You are doing such a great job taking a bottle of mommy's milk! In fact, you did such a great job that we went on a date! Granna came all the way from Tennessee to keep you so that we could go enjoy "Wicked" in Miami. Daddy surprised me with tickets this past Christmas... he's the best. One day, I may let you go on a date with him. :)
Daddy took me to "Crazy About You" in Miami. We both enjoyed the restaurant, atmosphere, the beach view, our food, the service, the calm conversation, and a small dessert. What a treat it was to be together, just the two of us. Man, I don't know what I'd do without that breast pump though. Haha!

We attempted to get pictures of everyone who came to visit you. When I look at these pictures I just have to praise the Lord for so many precious friends in our life.
Ashley has been so helpful to come over and play with us, bring us a meal, and just hang out with mommy :)
Katie Suggs has also saved the day SO many times. Thank you for being there for me!


Your first bath :)
Your second bath :)
 This amazing blanket came all the way from Washington state from your great aunt Michelle. She made it! Isn't it special?
Our normal routine; baby wrap, park, feed, sleep, repeat

brother loves the play-doh miss Ashley and Grace made for him!


We sure do live in a beautiful state! This picture is in honor of Jude's shaggy hair that is now complete buzzed. Haha! Life is so sweet. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me