Florida Style Pumpkin Patch Day


Thanks to mister Dwayne, we have this lovely family photo!

Last year, we had such a great time at the Flamingo Road Nursery here in town so we decided to go back this year. Pumpkin patches here in Florida don't quite deserve to be called patches because there really is no patch... it's more of just a pile of pumpkins. However, the festivities surrounding the pile of pumpkins is always exciting! There's ice cream, corn on the cob, smoothies, frozen cider, candies, and my favorite BBQ in town! Despite the hot sun beating down on our faces, we had a fun time with friends. Yin, Amber, their twins, Katie, Jeremy, Liam, Lincoln, Kelsey, and Dwayne were all able to come. 

I just have to tell it like it is, it was a stressful day. Blake had just gotten off work so he was pretty exhausted and I was kind of grumpy because it's a very crowded and stressful environment with a huge stroller, too many bags, my pregnant belly, gravel, Jude who was delirious from his refusing to nap earlier in the day, and children running wild everywhere! By the way, my husband has lost over twenty pounds, doesn't he look amazing? He just decided to eat better and move more. We are so proud of him! 

The little kids in their costumes were adorable; most of them. Sometimes I don't understand why kids want to look so scary haha! I was a bit of a "Debbie Downer" because I was missing the big open fields of Tennessee patches where a large crowd is able to enjoy the outdoors more. 

Sometimes we have to experience the stressful days to appreciate the normal days at home. I'm so thankful for our peaceful home, the lake in our back yard, and our little Jude who fills each day with excitement. I am thankful that we were able to make a family memory with friends despite all the madness. I learned that photographing a busy almost-two-year-old Jude is nearly impossible... but that is ok. He is still our sweet son who just wants to "go play," as he says often. There's a time to put down the camera and just enjoy the hot fall day and its own adventures. Maybe I just put the wrong lens on my camera, haha! Here is last year's post where I noticed that our little Jude was much more cooperative. 
Jude enjoyed the (rusty stake) maze! 
Katie and Lincoln :)
I stole this cute picture from Facebook of our friends Yin and Amber who joined us with their adorable twins!

Comments

  1. Look at you in shorts! Oh how I miss wearing shorts….
    Taking pictures of toddlers is HARD! You will get the hang of it, I know it.
    Miss you lottttttssssssss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jude's Little Blue Truck Party

What to Think

Fall Afresh On Me